EBA Lviv & Mind Investment Club: How to invest in Ukraine?
Traditional EBA networking event at Leopolis Jazz Fest in 2019 happened to be one of the most active, actual, and representative by national and foreign business. In cooperation with Mind.UA and Advice Group, we managed to gather prominent economist, bankers, and finance market players to talk about promising investment opportunities in Ukraine.
The first panel moderated by Anton Podilchak, Advice Group Managing Partner with a key speaker Volodymyr Lavrenchuk, Chairman of the Board at Raiffeisen Bank Aval.
- it worse to do business in a compliant way;
- digital and IT developments compete with classical banking, but there is enough place for both;
- controlling of sensitive operations by banking system provide for better integrity of business;
- trust is building on reputation which plays a more and more important role in the business environment, investments and development;
- uniting industries on shared values is a way for more investments.
Second panel moderated by Roman Matys, Head of Investment Policy Department at Lviv Regional State Administration with key speakers Sergiy Fursa, Specialist at Dragon Capital Debt Securities Sales Department, Hlib Vyshlinsky, Executive Director at Center for Economic Strategy, Alexander Romanishyn, Co-founder of RE:ACTOR, Sergyi Goncharevych, Executive Partner at Capital Times.
- Over USD 1,5 billion in UAH governmental bonds sold during the first half of 2019, foreign players invested much in this due to high earnings regardless of significant risks which should be a good sign, but some local experts consider such as the sign of soon coming global crisis which will have an immediate effect in Ukraine as well;
- Lack of modern legal regulation for financial instruments in Ukraine does not contribute to the fast development of the market;
- Most significant M&A in 2018 made in agrarian sphere, real estate, and industry, this year expectations for 2019 is M&A growth in agricultural business, renewable energy, and infrastructure;
- Venture funds are not yet developed in Ukraine, but have great potential, as they look for talents, and talents look for money;
- Governmental support of innovative startups in Europe is significantly higher than in Ukraine, which may stipulate brain drain, so we have to arrange for proper financing of promising projects;
- Investing in startups may transform the investment climate, change the banking system, and in general, affect the normal everyday life of any entrepreneur.
EBA Western Ukrainian Office expresses its sincere gratitude to the supporters of this great event, namely: Klingspor, Avellana Gold, Advice Group.