Development Programme on Logistics
- Status:We are working on the next season
About the Programme
* The programme may be subject to minor changes (some modules will be held online).
Nowadays, logistics has consistently carved its niche in the modern enterprise management. The logistics approach to management, tools and methods are used in a wide range of management spheres. The presence of a logistics unit in the company is no longer something unusual, but is considered as an integral part of the organizational structure of a successful enterprise, and the need for professional and experienced logistics expert will constantly grow.
EBA Management Development Centre jointly with partners launch a new season of Development Programme on Logistics that will help you to systematize existing knowledge, gain valuable experience from practitioners and experts in logistics, which will allow you to look at the usual logistics processes in a new way.
Having successfully finished the programme, you will receive certificate of completion.
DURING THE MODULES YOU WILL
- Systematize knowledge about the pecularities of logistics processes of all means of transport.
- Expirience the process of unloading of the largest cargo aircraft Silk Way – Jumbo at Boryspil airport.
- Discover the innovative work principles at the automated warehouse of the pharmaceutical company ”Darnytsia”.
- Have the opportunity to visit the branch “Center of Transport Service “Liski” of the Joint Stock Company “Ukrainian Railways”
- Beginners in logistics, practitioners who want to expand their professional skills to manage logistics activities of the company effectively;
- Managers of warehouse and transport logistics;
- Heads of departments interested in understanding of all business processes in the company including logistics;
- Providers of solutions and services for logistic.
Module 1. Air transportation – 08 September
- Peculiarities of transportation by air transport and market trends;
- Principles and tools for routes forming;
- Airline selection, forwarding agent;
- Document circulation of air transportation;
- Typical risks and responsibilities of the parties in air transportation;
- Nuances and principles of air trasportation pricing;
- Points for increasing the efficiency of transportation;
- Classification of equipment used for air transportation.
External module at Boryspil airport – (September 7, 10:00 – 13:00)
- Overview of the platform, visiting the runway.
- Overview of the platform equipment.
- Overview of the unloading process Silk Way – Jumbo (or other cargo aircraft).
- The lecture about cargo terminal.
Module 2. Auto transportation – 10 September
- Transportation of goods in a prefabricated line format. Advantages and difficulties in implementation.
- Formation of a tariff for transportation. Types of tariffs. Components.
- Information. Channels and methods of communication.
- Bandwidth. How to avoid Bottleneck.
- The main stages and players of international road transport.
- Documentation in international road transport.
- Checklist – how to order transport for the first time.
Module 3. Railway transportation – 15 September
- Features of railway transportation in Ukraine;
- Nuances and pricing principles for rail transportation;
- Points for increasing the efficiency of railway transportation;
- Types of assets involved in rail transport and their investment attractiveness.
Bonus online visit to the ampoule department of the pharmaceutical company “Darnitsa” – 11 September, 12:00 – 13:00
Module 4. Sea transportation – 17 September
- Features and nuances of sea transportations.
- Responsibility of carrier and freight forwarder in sea transportation.
- Features of calculation of tariffs for sea transportation of containers, share of cargo in the container, court lot.
- Bill of lading, as the main commodity-transport document of transport in shipping.
- Choosing the correct INCOTERMS delivery conditions for shipping.
Module 5. Customs support of foreign economic activity – 22 September
- Customs regimes.
- Guarantee system.
- What is Ukrainian Classification of Goods of Foreign Economic Activity and why it is needed. Documentation.
- Free trade zones.
- Non-tariff regulation.
- Recent changes in customs legislation.
Bonus visit to the branch “Center of Transport Service “Liski” of the Joint Stock Company “Ukrainian Railways” – September 23