HR Management Development Programme. Module I
- Status:We are working on the next season
About the Programme
Nowadays HR-manager’s profession has become incredibly important in the corporate world. That is not surprising as human resource is the main competitive advantage of any company, especially during the period of economic instability. New challenges increased a level of requirements to HR-specialists in terms of their professional competencies. To keep up with the latest trends in HR, HR-professionals have to learn and improve their knowledge and skills constantly.
To create a strong educational platform for modern HR’s, the EBA Management Development Centre has launched the HR-Management Development Programme. This long-term program helps participants to gain holistic understanding of the system of human resources management (HRM), increase their competitive advantage through the development of their HR-competencies, learn effective modern HR practices, and shape a systematic approach to the implementation of HR-functions in the company.
Having successfully finished the programme, you will receive certificate of completion.
Advantages of the programme:
- Convenient format that allows combining study with work.
- 60 hours of communication with HR schoolmates, and total dipping into HR-management atmosphere
- Optimal combination of theory and practice (30/70), role-gaming, case studies, group work and team projects
- High level of practical tasks based on materials designed for MBA students
- Modern program content filled up with the most discussed and interesting HRM topics
- Positive feedback received from graduates of the previous seasons
- HR-specialists with different (from primary to high) level of expertise and work experience
- Managers of specialized HR-functions who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of all HRM areas
- HR-managers with a long-term experience who wish to learn about the latest trends in HRM and systemize their knowledge in HRM field
For the convenience of participants, the programme has been divided into 2 independent modules. Optionally, participants can take each module separately and get a certificate.
MODULE I. EXCELLENCE OF PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
HAVING COMPLETED MODULE I, THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Properly organize recruitment process in a company
- Create candidate’s profile and choose effective methods of search,
- Conduct different types of job interview and verify recommendations
- Classify employees by their emotional state, differ productive emotions out of counterproductive ones, and promptly resolve conflicts in a team
- Use the concept of emotional intellect to create a favorable psychological climate in a team
- Determine a level of corporate culture maturity and make necessary adjustments depending on the existing paradigm
- Effectively organize T&D process
- Identify personnel training needs, choose the most effective learning method and evaluate its effectiveness
MODULE I SYLLABUS
School’s Introduction & Objectives. Brief overview of modern trends in HR Management (HRM)
Topic 1. Recruitment: How to hire right people
- Recruitment: job design, position description, search for candidates, resume screening, interviewing, final selection.
- Main techniques of job interviewing. Interactive games to train different techniques of interview. Competency based interview model. STAR Method of behavioral interviewing.
- Communication with a candidate after the interview. Job offer. Verifying of recommendation.
- Use of new technologies and social networking in HRM.
Topic 2. Emotional Intellect (EI) in the Workplace. Use of EI concept for personnel management as a new growing trend in HRM
- Application of emotional intellect concept for HRM needs.
- Importance of personnel EI management for business. Role of HR in creating a motivational atmosphere in a team
- Classification of emotional states. Productive and non-productive emotions
- Types of employees depending on their emotional state. Emotional interaction within a team.
Topic 3. Corporate culture
- Key components of corporate culture (mission, ideology, goals and values).
- Corporate culture paradigms: full spectrum
- Influence of social system and individual maturity level on corporate culture.
- Impact of leader’s pattern of thinking on corporate culture/separate social system (group, team, company)
Topic 4. Personnel Training and Development (T&D)
- Determination of training needs and making priorities. Correlation between training targets and corporate goals.
- Comparison of different T&D concepts and methods.
- Organization of T&D process.
- Methods for training effectiveness evaluation.
- Corporate system of career development. Management pool administrating.
- Talent Management: generation and development of talent pool.
Summary of Module І. Final test. Awarding certificates
MODULE IІ. STRATEGIC HR MANAGEMENT (will be conducted in 2019)
HAVING COMPLETED MODULE II, THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of the manager’s leadership style and make appropriate adjustments to individual development plan.
- Identify potential future leaders and design special development program for them.
- Develop HR-strategy in accordance with the overall corporate strategy
- Consider a typology of leaders in building communication with them
- Identify main corporate principles of motivational management
- Specify the degree of employee’s loyalty and develop actions to increase personnel engagement
- Introduce a culture of feedback provision into the company practice
- Use the Theory of generations for motivational purpose
- Consider matrix of manager’s types in the formation of managing team