Development Programme on Effective People Management (Module II)
- Status:We are working on the next season
About the Programme
People Management – is an important craftsmanship that requires constant improvement throughout a whole life. Even the most experienced managers periodically update their knowledge and skills to be in line with modern trends. Early start of management competencies mastering and systematic ongoing supervisory skills development – are key factors to ensure prompt and successful career promotion. To be competitive in the labor market, present and future managers face a need for constant mastering and updating their managerial knowledge and skills. To meet a growing need in systematic and agile managerial potential development, EBA Management Development Centre launches a new programme “Effective People Management”. This medium-term program is aimed to help participants to enhance their competitive advantage and accelerate further career promotion through their managerial competencies development, as well as mastering of effective modern managerial practices, and gaining a comprehensive understanding of the whole spectrum of management functions.
- Managers of different (from initial to middle) position level and work experience
- Future managers who are interested in developing their managerial potential and prefer to be ready in advance to possible career promotion
- Managers with a long-term experience who wish to update and/or systemize their knowledge and skills in personnel management
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Convenient educational format that allows combining study with work: 70 training hours are delivered by short 5-hour sessions per week.
- Program’s syllabus is divided into 2 independent modules (35 hours each)
- Suitable combination of theory and practice. Theoretical materials are presented in a laconic and understandable manner that allows catching the management theory quickly for unprepared participants, and getting existing knowledge structured – for skilled managers. Specially tailored practical tasks enable participants to apply a new theory to practice for better comprehension. Even experienced managers will have an opportunity to practice their existing skills or acquire new ones.
- Effective practical tasks based on materials designed for MBA students: role-gaming, case studies, group work and team projects.
- Modern program content filled up with the most discussed and interesting personnel management topics.
- Informative sizable handouts.
- Optimal “content-duration-quality-price” ratio for a management education programme.
MODULE II. SYLLABUS
Topic 1. People Motivation as an important managerial function
- How manager can motivate subordinates under limited financial resources. Manager’s important role in keeping subordinates loyal and highly motivated.
- Key motivating factors influencing on personnel performance. Human motives and needs within organization.
- Degrees of employee’s loyalty. Engagement as the highest employee’s loyalty level.
- Influence of employee’s engagement on profit and other company’s financial indices in facts and figures. Methods to ensure a high level of employees’ engagement. Top-5 drivers that help to increase employees’ engagement.
- How manager can effectively communicate with representatives of different generations. Character traits of ВВ, X, Y, Z generations and their reflection in motivational management. Differences in generations’ motivational profile.
Topic 2. Effective manager’s communication with subordinates
- Role of feedback in manager’s everyday communication with subordinates.
- Types of feedback. Rules of effective feedback.
- How manager should provide developing feedback to encourage subordinates to change their behavior and work better.
- Effective meeting strategy: pre-meeting planning, organization and managing the meeting, and post-meeting follow-up
- Patterns of employee’s organizational behavior during a meeting: roles that people play.
- How to manage a group dynamics during a meeting in order to build team cooperation and achieve positive results
Topic 3. Conflict management
- Identification and prevention of conflicts in a team. Nature of conflict. Conflict parties/participants, their interests and positions.
- Classification of conflict.
- Causes of conflicts, their impact on a team and organization. Stages of conflict development.
- Strategies for conflict managing. Direct and indirect methods of conflict resolution.
- Approaches to deal with conflicts between supervisor and subordinate in effective way. Method of conflict resolving meeting.
Topic 4. Mastery of persuasion and manager’s presentation skills
- Public Speaking. Presentation delivery methods.
- Topic of presentation. Defining the most compelling things to say
- Speech structuring that helps to guide an audience. Different ways to plan speech so it flows logically. Quick and clear messages.
- Types of communication during a presentation.
- Rules of argumentation.
- Overcoming of nervousness. How to behave confident in front of an audience. Contingency plan if something fails.
- Verbal communication. Voice modulation.
- Non-verbal communication skills. Body language: the signals you send to others. It’s not WHAT you say, It’s HOW you say it
- Eyes contact. Styles of eyes communication as an effective method to control an audience.
- Types of listeners. Management of audience attention. Use of visual aids. How to maximize speaker’s tools including PowerPoint and flip chart.
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions.
- Q&A session. How to deal with provocative questions.
Topic 5. Typology of managers: psychological and communication characteristics
- Matrix of psychological & communication types. Main components of each P&C profile.
- Identification of participants’ individual P&C profiles. Providing of recommendations to participants on their P&C profile.
- Features of individual interaction style depending on P&C type.
- Career development. Key aspects and motivational factors that influence on individual approach to career development. Defining of participants’ career motivation profile, giving of recommendations.
Summary of Module II. Final test. Presentation of team projects. Awarding of certificates.