Online Development Programme on Compliance
- Status:new season starts on March 31, 2021
- Duration:31 March - 28 April
- Language: Ukrainian (+1 Bonus Module in English)
- Time:on Wednesdays and Fridays from 15:00 to 17:00
- Fee for EBA members:4000 UAH for EBA members
- Early Registration for EBA members:3600 UAH till March 1, 2021 for EBA members
- Place: Will be online
About the Programme
The «Compliance» is increasingly used in Ukrainian society. Nevertheless, what is compliance? This is definitely something more than just compliance with the requirements of the law. These are the rules of introduction of business, which are fair with respect to employees, customers and business partners, as well as the overall society in which the Company operates. At the same time, Compliance is not just a set of rules and procedures, it is a continuous process that helps employees understand how to act honestly and make the right decisions every day. Ensuring Compliance procedures will help your company prevent and detect violations of the rules, and can also save your organization from fines and lawsuits, and contribute to the prosperity and stability of your company.
Therefore, EBA Management Development Centre Team invite you to discover new knowledge in the field of Compliance in a new format of online programme.
- In-house (company) lawyers and managers who would like to enhance their knowledge in compliance
- Legal practitioners
- HR specialists who would like to enhance their knowledge in compliance issues
- Everybody, who is eager to broaden and deepen the skills and professional qualifications in the field of compliance
DURING THE MODULES YOU WILL
- Discover the key elements of the effective compliance program in a company according to the international acts and best practices
- Discover how to deliver Compliance to the “internal client” in a proper and easy way
- Learn the key issues of new EU regulation on Data Protection (GDPR)
- Learn why it is necessary to do third-party risk management and how to do this
- Get acquainted with the basics of combating money laundering and terrorist financing
- Improve the knowledge in Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Compliance
- Deep your knowledge in Anti-trust Compliance, as well learn the consequences of violating the Anti-trust law on the practical examples (cases)
- Learn the possible scenarios of law enforcement to the companies that fail to assure the compliance
- Discover how to build a successful career in compliance
- Exchange the best compliance practice and learn “success stories” of the companies’ effective internal compliance systems.
- will be delivered online
- cosists of 8 Modules delivered in Ukainian + 1 Bonus Module delivered in English by the trainer of the International Compliance Association (ICA)
- every Wednesday and Friday at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- multiple choice test at the end of the Programme.
MODULE 1 – March 31, 2021
Effective compliance programme 2021
Iryna Nikolayevska, Partner, Head of Compliance and Corporate Law/M&A practice at the Kyiv office of the international law firm Kinstellar. Iryna has 16 years of experience in such areas as compliance, sensitive investigations and risk management, corporate law/M&A, capital markets and banking & finance matters, including legislation drafting experience in these areas. Iryna has been nominated «Compliance Lawyer of the Year» at the prestigious C5’s Women in Compliance Awards 2020 (March 2020, London), recommended by «Legal 500» 2020 in Commercial, Corporate and M&A in Ukraine, ranked Notable Practitioner in Corporate and M&A according to «Ukrainian Law Firms 2020» and «TOP 50 Leading Law Firms in Ukraine 2019» by Yuridicheskaya Practika publishing house.
- Compliance programme and its main elements
- Core principles of the effective compliance programme
- Requirements of Ukrainian law regarding compliance programmes
- Five myths about compliance programmes
MODULE 2 – April 2, 2021
Third-party Due Diligence
Oleksandra Bozhok, Compliance manager in Sperco Ukraine pharmaceutical company, is the creator and driver of compliance management system in the company. She has an experience on compliance officer position in Adidas Ukraine, including ensuring of international compliance audit in Ukrainian market. Completed the EBA Development Programme on Compliance and the ICA Advanced Certificate in Business Compliance.
- Types of risks, their assessment and understanding of company’s counterparties
- Company standards and tools for checking the integrity of third parties.
- Checking integrity procedure for third parties
- Recommendations in regard indicated risks during due diligence
MODULE 3 – April 7, 2021
Compliance training and corporate culture (incl. whistleblowing mechanisms)
Victoria Ogryza, Head of Legal Department, Member of the Compliance and Ethics Committee of PepsiCo Ukraine, 20 years of legal expertise, 10 years at PepsiCo.
- Corporate culture. Components and implementation mechanic. Tone from the Top
- Compliance training system as a part of the corporate culture. Target audience, certification
- Internal and external audit of the corporate culture. Action-plan on correction
- Whistleblowing mechanisms. Non-retaliation policy
- Core principles and investigation stages. Responsibility.
MODULE 4 – April 9, 2021
Fair competition and Anti-trust Compliance
Olga Lukyanova, Head of the Law Department, Compliance Officer of Henkel in Ukraine, has the experience of more than 27 years as a lawyer and 20 years – in compliance, worked as a head of the legal department at Procter & Gamble, JTI, MBA Bled School holder.
- Market and Competitive behavior
- Horizontal arrangements
- Vertical agreements
- Abuse of Dominant Market position
- Conduct in Associations and other Trade Groups
- Do’s & Don’ts
- Internal & external correspondence
- Consequences of violating the Antitrust law
- Leniency policy
MODULE 5 – April 14, 2021
Data privacy compliance: why it is important for Ukrainian companies
Stanislav Kovalenko, Compliance & Data Protection Officer, Ukraine International Airlines (UIA), head of Data privacy committee International Advisers Association and member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, certified specialist in data protection, consultant, trainer in compliance, has more than 15 years of experience in law, completed the programme on the topic of data protection in Switzerland (2016) and the Netherlands (2018).
- The Law of Ukraine «On Personal Data Protection» is not the only one
- Is there liability in Ukraine for privacy violations?
- GDPR: what should compliance professionals pay attention to
- How to conduct an audit of compliance with GDPR requirements.
MODULE 6 – April 16, 2021
Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Compliance
Anna Zharova, Legal and Compliance Manager at an International Company, has 12 years experience including in such companies as Danone and Unilever.
- Regulatory requirements for combating corruption and bribery
- Basic tools for building an anti-corruption policy
- Gift, Hospitality and Charitable contributions. Conflicts of Interests. Cases studies
- Bonus: Export control regulation.
Oleksiy Povolotskiy, Director of corporate governance and compliance of DTEK. A member of the Board of the Corporate Governance Professional Association, a member of the Ukrainian Bar Association and an attorney.
- Business processes associated with high corruption risks: high risk agreements, gifts & hospitality, charity
- Anti-corruption controls for effective management of corruption risks
- Whistleblowing system (Trust line), as an important tool for fighting corruption and bribery.
MODULE 7 – April 21, 2021
Basics of Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism
Hlib Bakalov, since 2018 a Chief Compliance Officer at Ukrenergo. Experience in compliance field since 2008, including financial, legal and investments companies in Ukraine and abroad, e.g. international AXA Group, a local subsidiary AXA Insurance, Certified Attorney at Law, attended training sessions on compliance and financial crimes in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc. A member a Public Council at the Financial Intelligent Unit of Ukraine 2013-2018.
- Grounds, mission and goals of financial monitoring
- FATF recommendations
- Identification, verification and due diligence (CDD)
- Public officials and risk-based approach (RBA).
MODULE 8 – April 23, 2021
Compliance and risks of criminal prosecution for legal entities
Andrii Sliusar, Senior Associate WCC, Compliance and Investigation Practicies, Vasil Kisil and Partners Law Firm. Specializes in white collar crimes and criminal process, comprehensive due diligence in criminal justice. Has got the ICA Advanced Certificate in Business Compliance.
- Criminal liability of legal entities.
а. Definition and onset reasons.
b. Types of punishments and rules of their application.
- Legalization of property obtained by criminal means
- Special confiscation of company property.
BONUS MODULE – April 28, 2021
Key tools of a successful career in compliance (ENG)
Jonathan Bowdler, Head of Regulatory Compliance, responsible for all the International Compliance Asoociation’s Compliance programmes, has 25 years of financial services industry experience, holds senior Compliance roles for the last fifteen of these, has a wealth of practical compliance experience, an MBA holder from Henley Business School and a Diploma in Management from Reading University, a highly qualified expert in business management and is therefore able to place governance, risk and compliance management within the context of wider corporate strategy, a fully qualified investment and mortgage advisor and is a member of several industry forums.
In this module there will be introduced and discussed a number of tools and techniques that compliance professionals have found to be invaluable to in ensuring effective compliance in their organisations, from how to better influence senior management, to getting all staff to take individual responsibility.
Information partner: Compliance & Law Periscope