ICA Specialist Certificate in Anti-Corruption
- Status:new season starts on February 10, 2021
- Duration:10 February - 10 May
- Language: English
- Fee for EBA members:£492 - a special price for EBA members with a promo code that will be sent after your registration; ICA membership fee is to be paid separately (£75). The fee is set by ICA, payment shall be made via ICA online platform.
- Place: Will be online
About the Programme
EBA Compliance Department, Management Development Centre jointly with the International Compliance Association (ICA) and in partnership with Vasil Kisil and Partners are pleased to announce the launch of the ICA Specialist Certificate in Anti-Corruption in 2021. The program will provide you with an opportunity to gain invaluable experience from respectful foreign trainers as well as to affirm your competence and knowledge as a highly qualified specialist in the field of anti-corruption.
This is a course which enables you to better manage bribery and corruption risk exposure by evaluating key areas; such as PEPs, third parties and geographical/sectoral risk, the global anti-corruption framework and best practice in controls.
On entering the professional role of anti-corruption you join a growing community of diverse professionals that recognises the importance of this topic to both business and global sustainability. It is a topic that is not only the fastest-growing focus area for compliance professionals, but one that already impacts you personally in ways that you may not yet be aware of. The anti-corruption community comprises people from a range of disciplines and sectors. They share a determination to do what they can to reduce the extent to which our present and our future is blighted by corruption. It is also a community that shares its insights freely, motivated as it is to support the work of all others who have an interest in the field.
ICA is the leading professional body for the global regulatory and financial crime compliance community. Since 2001, ICA has enhanced the knowledge, skills and behavior of over 140,000 professionals in 152 countries either through their internationally recognized portfolio of professional qualifications (awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester) or through accredited in-company training.
ICA Specialist Certificates are designed for anyone wanting focused yet accessible knowledge in specific areas of risk. They are suitable either for those working in the first and second lines of defence looking to certify existing specialist areas of knowledge, or for those looking to increase their professional agility by learning about new areas of risk such as anti-corruption sphere.
Format of the programme
- Course level: Specialist (ІІ level)
- Delivered in English
- Assessed by online multiple-choice exam
- Introductory skype-call – February 10, 2021 (09:00 am UK time)
- Virtual workshop – March 11, 2021
- Course materials delivered via ICA’s interactive online learning platform.
Topic I – Essential Concepts in Anti-Corruption
- Defining corruption and its methods
- Global and local socio-economic and political impacts
- Links to sustainability, safety and security
Topic II – The Global Anti-Corruption Imperative
- Political trends and consumer expectations
- International multilateral organisation agreements
- Influence of anti-corruption NGOs
- Media and information technology developments
Topic III – Anti-Corruption Legislation and Enforcement
- Trends in global anti-corruption legislation and enforcement
- US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- UK Bribery Act
- Punitive measures and co-operation incentives
Topic IV – Achieving Anti-Corruption Compliance
- Assessing corruption risk
- Essentials of comprehensive compliance programmes
- Fostering an ethical organisation culture
- Practical insights and best-practice resources