The rights of disabled employees in Ukraine can be safeguarded in line with EU practices. Incentive mechanisms for the employer that ensure the backing of disabled people rights in their work are already introduced in the new draft law N2322a.
The novelties potentially brought by the draft law include:
- special quotas for the employment of disabled people at enterprises & public organization of people with special needs
- direct cooperation between the potential employer of disabled persons and the associations of disabled people, the lengthy and complicated procedure of interaction with the third party is no longer needed
The abovementioned 2 points were initiated by the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.
However, the changes proposed by the EBA, go even further and include:
- the possibility to set up contracts between business and the public organizations of disabled persons for the purchase of goods and services produced by the latter.
- the introduction of a transparent mechanism of disabled employment to avoid any abuse on the part of public authorities
- removal of the provision, which establishes the correlation between the permission to use tax-exempt status by relevant public organizations of disabled persons and the possibility to consider such a cooperation as the fulfillment of quotas for disables employment.
We are pleased to inform that our proposals have been welcomed by the Government and reflected in the Draft Law.
Thanks to the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine for their openness and readiness to promote the best EU practices as well as to the member-companies of the Association for their active participation in covering this issue.
On January 6, 2015 the Draft Law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine regarding employment of disabled persons” was published on the official website of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine for public consideration.
On July 9, 2015 the Draft Law on the employment of disabled №2322a was registered in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.