Grain and Oilseeds
EBA Grain & Oilseed Committee representatives took part in the roundtable “Ukrainian grain market: effective regulation for world leadership”. During the meeting the presentation of BRDO’s Green Book “Grain market regulation” took place.
Irina Dushnik, EBA Grain & Oilseed Committee Executive Director, emphasized the importance and timeliness of this document as well as outlined crucial issues for the Ukrainian grain business, in particular:
- deficit of grain rail cars;
- “gray” market of grain and measures to fight against it:
- improvement phytosanitary procedures and demonopolization of the phytosanitary services market;
- providing equal opportunities to all grain market players in the course of preparation of united grain batches for exports;
- diversification of export markets for the Ukrainian agricultural products and further expansion of its range of products (especially to the People’s Republic of China).
We want to express our sincere gratitude to the organizers for an excellent opportunity for discussion and hope for further effective dialogue!