The 2020 final WUO Manufacturing Committee meeting was held on Friday, November 11, 2020, where we have discussed the Ukrainian furniture production market state and trends, in particular:
- the furniture companies number in Ukraine is decreasing, in contrast to the number in Eastern Europe;
- 44% from 100% of imported raw materials come from China;
- the volume of exports in 2020 has decreased significantly. At the same time, there is an increase in international trade in the furniture industry in June-November 2020.
To stimulate foreign investment inflow, manufacturing companies should improve labor efficiency and product quality. The experts recommended developing action and risk plans for enterprises aimed at safe working conditions in quarantine implementation.
The meeting results are the following:
– To create an additional platform for manufacturing companies communication in emergencies in WhatsApp and a closed group in LinkedIn with filling the page with up-to-date information on opportunities for manufacturing companies’ economic development.
– To involve the companies’ plant managers in the Association’s activities, such as developing collective legislative initiatives to improve the procedures that affect production processes and business.
For additional information on the groups mentioned above, committee’s and advocacy activities, please contact Maryana Zelinska, the WUO Committee Manager, [email protected] phone at 067 500 91 56.
We congratulate once again the inspired newly elected Committee Chairman, Roman Oliynyk, with the election!
Thanks who joined the discussion, shared their experience and plans for the future.
See you at the committee’s events in 2021!