On November 6, the EBA Logistics Committee conducted a meeting with Oleksandr Kava, Deputy Minister of Finance of Ukraine.
The participants of the meeting learned about the planned volumes of state investments in the national transport system for 2021 and discussed topical issues of the infrastructure sector that most concern the business community:
– Further reduction of port dues to ensure the competitiveness of Ukrainian enterprises;
– Compliance with the law on the targeted use of port dues exclusively for the maintenance and development of maritime infrastructure;
– Prevention of maintenance of Marine search and rescue service due to ship collection and use of sums of canal collection for maintenance/dredging of inland waterways;
– Reducing the share of net profits of Ukrzaliznytsia and USPA to the state budget in order to use the profits of these state-owned enterprises to restore and develop infrastructure and curb the growth of the cost of their services to consumers;
– Abolition of land tax for Ukrzaliznytsia;
– Abolition of cross-subsidization of passenger traffic at the expense of freight.