Odesa Finance and Taxes, IT
On April 12, Trade and Export Forum Odesa 2019 took place in a format of coworking with the participation of key players in the world market. Event was organized by the Odessa State Regional Administration in partnership with European Business Association. The Forum was saturated by reports of Ukrainian and foreign companies’, commercial and investment banks’, international organizations’ leaders. Among speakers were: Ievgeniia Luganovska – IT committee manager, EBA working group on ATO issues coordinator; Andrey Salamatov – Head of Marketting & PR HUB in Odessa, co-owner of the creativity agency 4Press; Thomas Sillesen – Chairman of the Board of «ВIIR»; Oleg Onischenko – Technical & Claims Questions Manager of AFL department, SGS Ukraine; Dmitry Pavlenko – Head of Legal Group and Director of Tax and Legal Department of Deloitte and others.
In her speech, the chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on Taxation and Customs Policy, Nina Yuzhanina noted that “During the preceding 23 years of our Ukrainian independence, nothing was planned that would be connected with the protection of its own tax base in Ukraine. Transfer pricing, implementation of the BEPS steps and reorganization of work in the way that the added value that was created in Ukraine would be taxed in Ukraine – it is truly a European path and a European dimension of values. We should continue to implicate civilized standards of tax behavior in our country”.
During the Forum, the current issues for export activities in the agro-industrial complex, IT sector, food and engineering industries were considered:
- How to bring the brand to the foreign market, how to investigate and learn more about a foreign buyer;
- Regulatory and practical aspects of the Ukrainian companies’ exit to a foreign markets;
- Innovation as an export diversification tool;
- Intellectual property issues in exporting goods and services;
- IT industry: development of potential export or how do not interfere the industry to develop;
- Inspection services for import-export of food products ;
- Export of organic agricultural products from Ukraine: challenges and perspectives;
- Danish view on Ukrainian business;
Thanks to the Forum, participants have known how to enter the international markets, received practical advice about intellectual property during exporting goods and services and got advices from leading Ukrainian banks, understood how to set up an ideal scheme for delivering their goods abroad, received investment attraction tools for expanding an enterprise’s capacity and implementing foreign economic activities.