Dnipro Finance and Taxes
Today, Ukraine has the international reserves of almost USD 20 billion. The sustained economic growth provides the country with currency revenues from exports, while the restrained monetary policy and floating exchange rate of the national currency attract capital from foreign investors. This was stated by the Deputy Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine Oleg Churii at the meeting with the Dnipro business community, which took place within the informational days of the NBU “Economic Express”. In addition, here are some short points of the meeting:
- Banking system: At present time, about 76 banks operate in Ukraine, and the TOP-20 is 95% of the entire system.
- In 2018, banks received the largest profit in their history – more than UAH 20 billion.
- External obligations – the lowest for the last 15 years
- Growth of individuals’ loaning
- NBU’s new project – dedolarization
- Macroeconomic situation is the best in the last 10 years
- The need for liberalization
- Launching the Law of Ukraine “On Currency and Currency Transactions” from 7.02.2019
- Answers to the popular questions on currency regulation – on the web-site of the NBU
The final block was “question-answer”.