EBA Dnipro Meeting with Oleksandr Bondarenko, the Governor of the Region
The first meeting of European Business Association representatives was held with the new head of the region. Oleksandr Bondarenko, Chairman of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration stated his main goals and objectives at the beginning of the meeting:
- Increasing economic indicators
- To be the region # 1, because Dnipropetrovsk region is the largest region by population – 3.2 million
- Welfare of the average population
- Overcoming corruption
- Effective budget allocation and spending
- New tools for interaction with the authorities, etc.
Kateryna Uschapovska, Head of EBA office in Dnipro, spoke about the focus of the Association activities and emphasized the common priorities: “We are ready to make joint efforts to improve the business climate in the region and attract new foreign investments. And in order to attract investments, we need to develop close cooperation with existing investors.”
Oleksandr Bondarenko also presented the investment potential of Dnipropetrovsk region. By the way, those present at the meeting were the first to hear this information – specific proposals, investment projects and development programs 2020.
Within the RSA, the following opportunities and programs have been created for investors:
- Investment and Innovation Center
- Investment Board
- Investor Relations Department
- Formats of public-private partnership
- Pavlograd Industrial Park
Of course, they discussed priority issues. Briefly:
- Airport: construction of a landing strip – 3000 m2, 4P, which will be able to take planes into the fog, in Ukraine such a strip is only available at the Boryspil airport. Construction of aviation cargo terminal.
- Infrastructure: road construction, though, the budget is very small.
- Ecology: Dnipropetrovsk region – the number 1 air pollution region. Negotiations with the TOP-25 polluters in the region.
- Upcoming plans: Business delegation to the US after the new year and Dnipropetrovsk International Economic Forum 2020 in March.
The second part of the meeting was communication and questions to the head of the Regional State Administration.
For our part, we want to note that the meeting was really constructive, effective and informative. We are grateful to Mr. Bondarenko for the conversation, for his support, and for the assistance and advice in dealing with the business issues he has already provided in the course of communication.
We are ready to continue working together to achieve our goals and improve our business environment, as well as the well-being of the region’s citizens.