How can Ukrainians and businesses prepare for security challenges as the cold are coming?
On September 8, the EBA Business Protection and Security Committee held a meeting “Forecasts of the autumn of war – what business should do amid maximum instability”.
The meeting participants had the opportunity to discuss potential scenarios of threats to business and the population that may occur in connection with the coming autumn-winter period, as well as recommendations on how to get ready and respond to them.
Thus, the experts talked about threats to the utility and energy infrastructure, the risks of sabotage, the increase in the level of crime, and possible new waves of migration in the cold season. In order to be maximally prepared for various scenarios, experts advise taking the following steps already now:
Recommendations for businesses:
- Do a SWOT analysis in several aspects: your customers (where they will be located; if their needs will change); your assets (where and how they are located, what protection they have, whether there are engineering and fortification structures, if they have contacts with the police and security services), etc.;
- Have evacuation plans ready for assets and teams;
- Provide psychological support to the team, inform them about the status of your business, plans, and tell people what will happen to the company, wages, and jobs. Involve the team in new projects and volunteering, and provide special support to mobilized employees.
Recommendations for people:
- Prepare the private sector for winter – think about alternative heating options, generators, duplicate various home life support systems;
- Residents of multi-apartment buildings should discuss plans for the arrangement of heating and food points with district administrations;
- Make a sufficient supply of water, food, hygiene products;
- Have a supply of fuel, cash, take care of various gadgets for communication, radio, power banks;
- Have an “emergency bag” ready.
Take care of yourself and your family, business and team, and make the necessary preparations. Forewarned is forearmed!