Structure Your Business: LLC Law – New Opportunities
On 3 July 2018 AEQUO will hold the master class: “Structure Your Business: LLC Law – New Opportunities”.
The new Law of Ukraine “On limited liability and additional liability companies” No. 2275-VIII became effective on 17 June 2018, having replaced the outdated regulations of the Law “On Commercial Entities” as of 1991 regarding the limited liability and additional liability companies (LLC and ALC) regulation.
Keynote speaker – Anna Babych, partner, head of Corporate/ M&A, AEQUO, Chair of the Committee on Corporate Law & Stock Markets, Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA).
- Whether LLC shall immediately amend its charter after 17 June 2018 to comply with the Law on LLC?
- What may be provided in the charter at the discretion of participants?
- Participatory interest pledge: procedure and enforcement of participatory interest pledge.
- Flexible rules for participatory interest transfers and prevention of hostile takeovers.
- What has changed in regulation of actions of LLC’s management?
- LLC net assets – what is new?
- Entering into corporate (shareholders) agreements.
- Inheritance of participatory interest / acquisition by succession.
- Participant exclusion from LLC – what is new?
- Whether procedure of participant exit from LLC has changed?
- Entering into material and related-party transactions
- Squeeze-out: the first anniversary of the procedure, the first results.
Owners, top management, heads of legal departments of major Ukrainian and international companies are invited to participate.
Participation is free. The number of participants is limited. Please follow the link to register.
About the speaker:
Anna Babych is one of the initiators and a key driver of corporate legislative reform in Ukraine, including the Law on LLC reform, and is a co-author of the Draft Law “On limited liability and additional liability companies” as one of the key members of the working group under the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, as well as the draft laws on shareholder agreements, and on increasing the level of corporate governance in joint-stock companies (squeeze-out and sell-out procedures).
- The National Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine recognized Anna Babych’s significant contribution to the development of corporate law in Ukraine.
- Anna Babych is named the Best Lawyer in Corporate and M&A according to Legal Awards 2017. Aequo is also named the Law Firm of the Year in M&A according to Legal Awards 2018.
- Anna Babych is named among TOP-3 Women – Ukrainian Legal Industry Influencer according to Ukrainian Women in Law 2017-2018 by Yurydychna Gazeta (Legal Newspaper).
About the firm
AEQUO is an advanced industry-focused Ukrainian law firm made up of highly qualified, internationally recommended lawyers who work proactively to help their clients reach their business goals. Backed up by solid industry expertise and a thorough understanding of business we develop innovative strategies and provide efficient solutions to the most complex and challenging matters.
AEQUO provides integrated legal support in areas such as antitrust and competition, banking and finance law, intellectual property, corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, litigation and international arbitration, and capital markets.
The list of AEQUO’s representative clients includes leading Ukrainian and international companies and organizations, such as Agroprosperis, Apax Partners, Apollo, Bunge, DuPont, EBRD, European Commission, Google, Inditex Group, NCH Capital, Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Samsung Electronics, Sandvik, Synthon, Tetra Laval, Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund, UniCredit Group, Vodafone Ukraine etc.
AEQUO has been named the Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year in Ukraine by IFLR Europe Awards 2018, Law Firm of the Year in Russia, Ukraine and the CIS by The Lawyer European Awards 2017 and one of the most innovative law firms in Europe according to the FT Innovative Lawyers 2015-2017.
For additional information please contact Yuliya Chervonookaya
[email protected], +380 44 490 91 00