EBA Meeting with the State Customs Service and the Ministry of Finance on the general declaration of arrival
There was an open discussion on the state of preparation for the introduction of the general declaration of arrival at the customs (GDA) on the platform of the EBA Customs Committee.
Together with the management of the State Customs Service of Ukraine and the Director of the Customs Policy Department of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the participants discussed the requirements of the Customs Code of Ukraine on GDA, the implementation of GDA for different modes of transport, legal liability for non-submission of GDA or incompleteness/inconsistency of the information given in the UPCD.
The participants of the meeting also heard answers and explanations to the most common questions regarding the implementation of the declaration, namely:
- Who is responsible for submitting the GDA?
- Who, other than the carrier, can file a GDA on behalf of the carrier?
- How many GDAs can be submitted per transport vehicle?
- What language to use when filling in GDA?
- Is it possible for cargo to enter the customs territory of Ukraine without GDA?
The European Business Association is sincerely grateful to all representatives of government authorities who joined the meeting – Yevhen Entis, Oleksandr Moskalenko, Vladislav Suvorov, Oleksandr Ivashkovich, Oleksandr Fedoryshyn, Ruslan Kolomiyets, Valeriy Tsibulskiy.