Author: Oleksiy Hrachov, Attorney at Dynasty Law & Investment
Currently, the principle of confidentiality is becoming an integral part of modern corporate culture. It is easy to understand when a company goes international. It is easy to explain – supervisory authorities are very careful about its violation and do not hesitate to impose fines for it.
The latest recommendations for improving privacy policies have been published by the Digital Cooperation Organization (“DCO”) in the form of a joint statement. It is clear that the majority could not pay attention to this message, because the release took place on February 24 of this year. Therefore, the professionals of Dynasty Law & Investment will offer you recommendations, including:
- not using the personal data of its customers for purposes other than those for which the customer has given consent;
- non-profiling of customers without appropriate consent;
- providing sufficient time for clients to transfer (provide) their personal data.
- obtained consent for each processing of personal data that requires it;
- the legal grounds are proper and do not violate any applicable legislation or user rights, if your company processes personal data without the user’s consent, you must create a new procedure for obtaining consent for data processing if you do not have one.
Adherence to data protection requirements is a complex issue, so it is worth contacting the experts of Dynasty Law & Investment every time.