EBA searches licensees for hazardous waste management which includes the collection, transportation, storage, recycling, and disposal of empty containers from pesticides and agrochemicals
The Subcommittee on the Crop Protection Container Management (hereinafter – Subcommittee) of the EBA Agrochemical Committee (hereinafter – Association) announces the search for licensees for hazardous waste management which includes the collection, transportation, storage, recycling, and disposal of empty containers from pesticides and agrochemicals within the Project “Responsible management of pesticide packaging waste”, initiated by the EBA Agrochemical Committee (hereinafter – the Project).
Among the project participants are ADAMA UKRAINE LLC, UPL UKRAINE LLC, BAYER LLC, BASF LLC, NUFARM UKRAINE LLC, SUMMIT-AGRO UKRAINE LLC, SYNGENTA LLC, FMC UKRAINE LLC.
The Project aims at developing a new interaction mechanism between all market participants in the management of plant protection product packaging (hereinafter – PPPs) following Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 November 2008 on waste. Thus, it is proposed to introduce the producer’s responsibility which has been successfully used in European countries for many years. As a result of the Project, most of the collected packaging must be recycled and sold for the production of plastic products for non-food needs, which will not have a direct impact on human health. The implementation of the Project will help reduce the anthropogenic impact on the environment, in particular, in terms of reducing emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere.
Licensees are business entities that have a real capacity to carry out the collection, transportation, storage, recycling, and disposal of used packaging from PPPs with the help of their equipment, infrastructure, or subcontractors.
End users are agricultural holdings, farms, small farmers, seed plants.
The main goal of the platform is to provide end-users with the possibility to file online applications for licensees to remove used packaging from PPPs, and for licensees to respond promptly to such requests.
What do we need?
- a company that has a valid license to conduct business in the field of hazardous waste management, particularly, empty containers of pesticides and agrochemicals and sufficient material and technical base to ensure the above activities;
- a company that will be able to provide quality services for the collection, transportation, storage, recycling, and disposal of the above hazardous waste throughout the country;
- a company that will be able to ensure high efficiency and transparency of service provision through an online platform created within the Project and under careful monitoring of customers (Coordinator of the EBA Subcommittee and participating companies);
- a company that will be able to establish effective communication with agricultural holdings, farms, small farmers, and seed plants;
- a company that can provide services throughout Ukraine in 2021.
What are the requirements for a licensee?
- High quality of services;
- The licensee must meet the criteria (environmental, technical, legal, reputational) set out in the document;
- Observance of the agreed terms of the service provision;
- Prompt processing of applications for collection and disposal of containers;
- Providing unimpeded access to the representatives of the EBA Subcommittee (including representatives of the companies participating in the Project) to their facilities;
- Periodic reporting on the Project, as well as at the request of the Association;
- The Company may not sell recycled plastics for use in areas related to human life and health, as defined in Annex 1 to this Announcement. The sale of recycled plastic is allowed only in a clearly defined list of areas under EU standards;
- The company is not in the process of liquidation and/or bankruptcy;
- The company must have experience in the disposal of packaging from PPPs.
A licensee candidate can submit its application in free form. However, it shall include the following information:
- History of the company’s activity on the Ukrainian market;
- The main achievements of the company in the activities of hazardous waste management;
- Documentary confirmation of compliance of the candidate (and subcontractors, if any) with the criteria set out in the document;
- Documentary confirmation of the availability of facilities (equipment) and production infrastructure;
- Current contracts with subcontractors (if any), which expire no earlier than January 2022;
- Price offer for the provision of recycling services in the form given;
- Possible additional options that you can offer to the EBA Subcommittee of the Association and the conditions of their provision;
- Any other information that may be of additional interest to the EBA Subcommittee.
The evaluation of proposals will be carried out by the Association and the companies participating in the Project. Licensed waste management contractors (and subcontractors, if applicable) whose proposals have been selected are subject to mandatory audit by the Association and Project participants.
The contract will be concluded with the successful candidate and whose proposal will meet the requirements set out in this Announcement and Annex 1 thereto, and the price offer will be the lowest.
You can send your applications and get more detailed information by contacting Maryna Shymkus, EBA Subcommittee Manager: Maryna.Shymkus@eba.com.ua, tel .: (067) 400 90 16, or Viktor Pogorilyi, Senior Manager, EBA Agrochemical Direction: Viktor.Pogorilyi@eba.com.ua.
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2021.
Applications will be considered and evaluated until January 25, 2021.
The audit of the candidates whose proposals were selected will be carried out in the period from January 25 to February 25, 2021.
The results of all candidates’ applications will be notified by e-mail.