International Presentation: Development Strategy of Dnipropetrovsk Region for 2020
The Strategy of Dnipropetrovsk Region Development for 2020 was presented by Oleksandr Bondarenko, the Chairman of the Regional State Administration. The meeting brought together over 600 guests – the leaders of communities and cities of the region, community activists, business representatives.
The main directions and priorities of work identified by the head of the region:
- Construction of a new airport. UAH 1.2billionwas allocated from the state budget for the air-strip, the terminal will be built by a private investor.
- Investments: Itis plannedto raise $ 100 million in investments in the region. This will be realized with the Investment Board at Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration and through the International Economic Forum DEF-2020.
Plans: launch of the first plant in Pavlograd Industrial Park and construction of an eco-park on more than 100 hectares.
- Ecology: the aim is toreduce emissions by 15% !!
- Repair of 150 km of roads – UAH1.3 mln was stored into the regional budget.
+ attracting investment funds
- The repairs of educational institutions will continue.
- Construction and reconstruction of water supply systems.
- Repair of hospitals, sports facilities and parks.
- Creation of a regional office of European integration and attraction of grants for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Continue decentralization.
- “Smartregion”. Electronic services will become more accessible. For example, a project to buy tickets for all modes of transport online.
“A systematic approach to work is the key to success, – said the chairman of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration Oleksandr Bondarenko. – The region’s development strategy for 2020 is comprehensive and covers all major spheres of life of the region”.
Also, the event was attended by First Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Serhiy Trofimov: “We are glad that the new team of Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration has taken our main course and is already having good achievements. A good start is construction of a new airport. This is one of the tasks we oversee with the President.”