Coaching: For which you pay?
Without tools, techniques, any tangible methods, large global companies pay a lot of money for coaching. Why? Will he help you build a house or sell three times as much in a month?
Some people think that the cost of coaching is money laundering. Others believe that large companies have nowhere to put their funds to, they are running after fashion. How can you pay for something that is not some kind of tangible product! After all, a coach often does not even have experience in a particular area of business and cannot advise on professional issues.
Once upon a time, even before the existence of the first money, people exchanged an ax for 10 arrows or one sheep. Centuries changed one by one, we live in a world of crazy development, but the stereotypes have remained: for specific money you need to get a specific product that can be “touched”.
Such thinking narrows the field of possibilities, but today, in order to be in the TOP, it is necessary to develop and find non-standard solutions, to go beyond.
What does an ordinary leader think?
“I bought a table, chair, computer and software for the employees. I pay everyone a salary, so I expect the result from the whole team in accordance with the tasks that I have set. I have my own opinion about the tasks, business and goals in it. I expect the employees to match them.”
Such a leader most likely takes on many things, spends a lot of time on the selection of personnel, which very often does not meet his requirements. And in the end it turns out that there seem to be qualified specialists, only the result is still not visible.
Employees act inconsistently, a lot of resources are wasted. Everyone works from call to call, regularly expecting a salary at the end of the month. A common scheme that keeps a business afloat, but does not provide an opportunity to achieve high results, and even more so to get ahead of their competitors and become the best in the market.
What does the future leader think?
“I have qualified specialists, how to make a real team out of them, which will solve most of the tasks independently without my intervention.
What are the keys to find in order for each employee to reveal themselves and use their potential for the development of the company? I don’t need the team to sit a certain amount of time at work, the main thing is that tasks are completed and goals are achieved.”
This leader constantly thinks about new approaches to work, wants to develop a team, find non-standard solutions to problems. Its goal is for the whole company to function like a clockwork: clearly, harmoniously, in interaction. Such leaders often resort to a coaching approach in the company.
Think ahead and invest in success
Remember, in 2000 there was a wonderful film “Pay It Forward”, which was a kind of breakthrough for the standard thinking of people. The film talked about gratuitous assistance to other people, and then the good will return. However, in fact, this is a kind of investment without tangible and concrete things.
Coaching is an investment in business development, this is how you should treat the costs of using it in your company. This is not a payment for a certain product, but a contribution to the future. Just like parents invest in the education of their children so that they can find good jobs, become in-demand specialists, live in prosperity and take care of them.
However, the results from the application of the coaching approach can be measured and analyzed. Indeed, in business it is used for very specific purposes and requests.
Coaching for business: what you’re capable of
So what can you expect from coaching in the business? First of all, you must understand that coaching is effective communication, talking. And she is needed everywhere.
- If employees do not learn to interact with each other, they will not create a strong team, but will remain a scattered group, everyone will pull the blanket over themselves and run in different directions. Coaching helps rebuild relationships between employees so that they begin to see a common goal and move towards it together.
- If you cannot find contact with a client, do not understand how to communicate with him, how to build a dialogue, he will go to competitors. Coaching helps you understand the interlocutor, feel his mood and find the right words to win over.
- If the company does not have an effective corporate culture, then frequent conflicts, staff turnover is possible, and there will be no relationship between departments. This can lead to time delays and wasted resources. Coaching helps companies build an effective corporate culture in which all teams are productive, much less disagreeable, and everyone is personally accountable.
- If there are many tasks, it is not clear which one to grab. There is a kind of burnout at work, when a lot of energy is spent, but the result is constantly not satisfied, does not meet expectations. Coaching helps you understand the main tasks, cut off unnecessary things in in order to focus on the main thing. This significantly saves not only time, but also money.
- It also happens that the company does not have a main goal, a specific action plan. This leads to the fact that the work proceeds according to the principle of an unskilled photographer: “I click on 1000 photos, 10 of them will be normal.” As a result: they spent a lot, but got little. Such disparate actions only lead to devaluation of work. Coaching helps to understand the purpose and clearly define all the necessary steps. And most importantly, this goal will be true, not far-fetched.
- If the competitors are always ahead, and you only copy solutions or rework someone already invented. To stay ahead, you need to go beyond, find new solutions and not be afraid to do it.
Coaching helps you discover new opportunities, look at the situation from different angles, and become an innovator in your niche.
Yes, coaching is not like a new industrial machine that will stamp twice as much output as the old one.
However, thanks to coaching in companies, each employee begins to understand what to strive for and how to do it. Sales increase not due to the number of messages or calls, but their quality – how well the employee understood the client and found the exact words that will help increase sales and company income.
Coaching stimulates all processes in the company, which makes it possible to develop and get great profits, save money.
Check out the example of the large British company Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation Corp., which deals with the technology of automotive fuel cells.
They started to apply a coaching approach in the company in 2012.For several consecutive years, the results were reviewed and regular savings noted:
- Turnover reduction by 48%, resulting in $ 700,000 USD in annual cost savings;
- Cost reduction of the HR department for “resolving” internal conflicts for $160 000 USD.
It’s good, isn’t it?
Believe me, large world companies do not spend money just like that, they understand: to become even cooler, you need to find new levers and approaches.
After all, the world does not stand still.
If you have any questions or want to know how to apply coaching in your company, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com