Business sets priorities for the Parliament
The sixth session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine will begin its work tomorrow, September 7. Not only MPs but also the business community is preparing for the start of the session. For the European Business Association, effective interaction with the legislature is extremely important, so we look forward to strengthening cooperation on business-relevant issues and initiatives.
On the eve of the new business season, the EBA experts updated the list of priority draft laws, the adoption of which will have a positive impact on business conditions in Ukraine, and would like to draw the attention of MPs. At the same time, some of them need to be finalized, so we call for joint work on these legislative initiatives and taking into account the business opinions.
For further deployment of infrastructure reforms, business calls for the adoption of the following draft laws, which need the attention of MPs, as they will launch important changes in the field of rail and river transport:
· Draft Law №1196-1 on railway transport
· Draft Law №4168 on the establishment of the State Fund of Inland Waterways
For further development of the healthcare sector and progress in the implementation of medical reform, the EBA experts expect the adoption of the following draft laws from those registered in the Parliament:
· Draft Laws №5736, №5737 on regulating the provision of sympathetic medicines to patients
· Draft Law №5815 on improving liability for violations in the field of clinical trials and state registration / re-registration of medicines
Among the priority initiatives of the food industry, we would like to draw attention to draft laws regulating various requirements for food products:
· Draft Law №4568 on materials and objects in contact with food
· Draft Law №4554 on harmonization of Ukrainian legislation on baby food with EU requirements
Priority for the IT industry is a document that proposes special tax conditions for IT companies that will get residency in Diia.City, namely draft law №5376 on stimulating the development of the digital economy in Ukraine.
All of the draft laws below are of priority for the HR area. The EBA is ready to support them after a proper revision, as the draft laws regulate important issues of labor relations, but have certain shortcomings:
· Draft Law №5371 on simplification of labor relations in the field of small and medium business
· Draft Law №5388 on amendments to the legislation on deregulation of labor relations
· Draft Law №5054 on amendments to the Labor Code to define the concept of labor relations and defining features
The important draft law for the regulatory sphere is №5717 on Amendments to the Liability of Legal Entities, which aims to enshrine the possibility of introducing current international standards of liability of legal entities that own vehicles for offenses in the field of road safety.
Experts in consumer electronics call on MPs to adopt draft law №4537 on improving the management of property rights of copyright holders in the field of copyright.
The largest list of priority draft laws among the industries represented in the EBA is of industrial ecology concerns. These documents are expected to stimulate the development and modernization of extractive industries:
· Draft Law №4187-d * on support for the development of domestic subsoil use industries
· Draft Law №4344 on stimulating the development of the oil and gas industry
· Draft Law №5766 * on improving the procedure for environmental impact assessment
· Draft Law №2207-1-d * on waste management
· Draft Law №4461 * on the territory of the Emerald Network
* The draft laws are supported upon the revision.
Finally, draft law №5420 on the criminalization of smuggling of goods and excisable goods, which may change the rules of the market in tobacco and alcoholic beverages, is important for the customs sphere and is supported by the EBA in terms of excisable goods.
The European Business Association thanks Parliament for its productive work in the previous session and looks forward to continuing an effective dialogue to join efforts in improving the business climate in Ukraine.
Be the first to learn about the latest EBA news with our Telegram-channel – EBAUkraine.