We help the owners of the IT companies to attract big customers in the West
Author: Natan Kous, The Founder of the business community IT Founders
Unless you create strong foundation for your system, the rest will not be very effective. Now let’s work on creation of the system you can rely on for your sales services for years.
The first step is to make clear definition of your ideal customer.Please, do not make a mistake by saying “everybody who can pay” or “any business owner”. Your success will be much greater in case you concentrate on specific industry.
Trying to be all things to all people leaves your message vanilla, boring, and it won’t resonate with anyone.
You can find below several questions you need for quick customer’s profile (avatar) definition. It’s just an example. The key point is that you should have very clear vision of your ideal customer.
- What is the size of the company? How many employees?
- What industry?
- What region?
- What position or decision makers’ level (he/she should have a right to sign contract and autonomous budget)
- What position influences the decision maker?
Using this information, you can define places where your customers “hang out” in the net. It can be groups in LinkedIn, Facebook, topical forums or other kind of online communities.
You need to join several of these groups and spend some time to understand the topics your audience is interested in, then look through the posts and questions in these groups and create a list of topics that your customers are interested in. You can also use it further.
Another good approach to understand interests of your customers is to ask them! You can create a survey and get feedback from your target audience – it’s a fantasticway to know exactly what content they will like.
One more important componentis LinkedIn profile optimization with positioning yourself as industry expert.
You don’t have to waste time on speaking how cool you are, what you do etc. You would better concentrate on the things your customers are interested in instead.
Take a look at several great profiles:
- Founder of Hubber | We help Suppliers of internet retailers to find Big and Reliable clients | new markets
- Founder of Business-Telecom | We help services companies in CIS to automate sales and cut costs.
- Founder of the Leading Marketing Directors’ Business Community of Ukraine. We find new opportunities to grow business!
Please find several suggestions how to make title of your profile more impressive:
- What makes you different from 10 000 competitors?
- Speak your target audience language and the ways you can help.
- Be extremely specific and laconic – you have 120 symbols only.
I recommend the following template: WHO ARE YOU | We help CLIENT/TARGET AUDIENCE VIA…