“Grants for business in conditions of war”
Ukraine, together with its partners, invests considerable resources in the fight against the aggressor country. The internal reserve of these resources today is national and local business. Ukrainian enterprises have become a guarantee of Ukraine’s economic stability and its ability to fight. Small, medium, and large businesses in Ukraine are taxes payers that finance our approach to victory; jobs that solve the problem of unemployment caused by the Russian invasion; these are people who, despite all the risks, continue to develop the entrepreneurial sphere in the country, filling it with innovations and quality answers to the demands of the time. So, it is worth noting that since the beginning of the full-scale war in Ukraine, many business support programs have appeared. Only the Cabinet of Ministers in July announced the allocation of UAH 40 billion from the reserve fund for such targeted assistance to entrepreneurs. International funds also actively support Ukrainians.
Therefore, on September 14 2023 EBA Southern Ukrainian Office organized an online meeting «Grants for business in wartime» within the framework of the project “In Search of Investments». In the course of the event, we talked about: the priority of granting among types of business, the amount of funding by the grantors of the business in war conditions, preparation for participation in the grant program. Also, potential projects in 2024 and the development of current ones were discussed separately.
The invited speaker was Maryana Kobelya-Zvir – an expert on attracting grant resources. Director of the consulting company “Development Center «Time of change»”. The founder of the school for writing grant projects «Time of change». PhD in Economics. Author of the publications: Educational and Methodical Guide «How to get grant». Author of the only specialized YouTube channel in Ukraine «Time of change» about grant opportunities.
So, among the main theses of the meeting, the following can be highlighted:
- It is important to remember that a grant is not only about money, but a grant can also be: non-monetary assistance, equipment, consulting services, etc.
- It is important for business representatives to remember that grants are available for all types of business, except for gambling, alcohol, and tobacco ones.
- Currently it is the most favorable time to receive grants, because large funds are coming to Ukraine from donors, business must pay special attention to the processing and agricultural industries.
- You should be aware that the grant is a targeted aid, it is focused on a positive socio-economic effect for society, if it is absent in your project, then with a very high probability you will not receive financial aid.
- For statistics on receiving grants, the speaker gave the following figures, that among a hundred participants, only five participants are granted, but this should not scare you, it only indicates that other businesses fill out their application incorrectly or do not pay attention to the entire list of requirements to companies.
- And finally, a high-quality application and an existing business development strategy are a solid foundation for receiving a grant proposal and further funding.
We sincerely thank the speaker for the relevant presentation of the material, and the participants for the excitement about the topic and lively discussion! The next event of the project “In Search of Investments” is scheduled for the beginning of 2024. Follow our announcements on the main page: https://eba.com.ua/regional_office/odeskyj-ofis/.