GOLAW is hosting a webinar «How to avoid mistakes in staffing cuts procedure?»
Registration free of charge: at https://goo.gl/1qp2iv
It does not matter whether you cut the position of a commercial director or a cleaner – everyone is equal in face of labour legislation, and the current Labour Code of Ukraine dated 1972 protects, first of all, the interests of the employee.
Today, the staffing cut is one of the most common reasons for dismissing employees. Mistakes in staffing cuts can lead to the employee’s reinstatement through the courts, the collection of a considerable amount of money from the company to cover the forced unemployment of the dismissed employee, and become the reason for inspection of the State Service of Ukraine for Labour.
A clear compliance with the law and the correct sequence of steps to cut the staffing will help the employer avoid the negative consequences of the staffing cuts and waste no time and money on legal proceedings.
During our webinar Senior Associate and Attorney at law Kateryna Tsvetkova will share with you the basic rules of staffing cuts on the basis of paragraph 1 part 1 of Article 40 of Labour Code of Ukraine, based on personal experience and examples from real court cases. You will learn about the most common mistakes during the cuts and get professional advice to minimize risks.
In particular, we will discuss the following:
- detailed algorithm for staffing cuts;
- categories of employees that cannot be dismissed;
- vacancies to be offered to employees;
- layoff paperwork, including cases when the employee refuses to sign the documents;
- typical mistakes of employers during staffing cuts, leading to the reinstatement of employees in their job positions;
- relevant court practice in labour disputes regarding reinstatement in a job.
You can register at https://goo.gl/1qp2iv
You will receive a confirmation email and further instructions after you have registered.
All materials used during the webinar (including the webinar recording) will be emailed to you after the event.