Legal English Development Programme
- Status:new season starts on October 10th, 2019
- Duration:10 October - 12 December
- Time:on Thursdays from 18:30 to 20:00
- English Skills Level:Intermediate+
- Fee for EBA members:4500 UAH for EBA members
- Early Registration for EBA members:3900 UAH till September 10 for EBA members
- Place:EBA Kyiv Office, 1A Andriyvskiy Uzviz
About the Programme
It is important to understand that English for lawyers is not only about rich professional vocabulary, but above all an understanding of the context, the ability to use complex syntactic constructions and sentences using words in different meanings.
EBA Management Development Centre Team together with UNIVERSE CENTRE LLC invites you to join Legal English Development Programme, which will help you overcome your legal English problems and expand English in Contract drafting, Commercial, Company and Financial Law, etc. The programme consists of ten modules, 90 minutes each. Each module includes review of the key notions, vocabulary boosting activities, discussions, case analysis, role-plays, and relevant functional grammar. Throughout the course we are looking into up-to-date authentic materials. Therefore, we welcome applicants who operate general English confidently and are willing to excel in Legal English.
The language of the course is English. Hence, the participants are expected to have intermediate level and above.
Having successfully finished the programme, you will receive certificates of completion.
Throughout the course you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the structure of English legal documents.
- Learn peculiarities of drafting: various types of contracts, statutes, applications, certificates of pledge, petitions, claims.
- Improve written communication while dealing with authentic legal letters.
- Master lexical units, collocations, and good writing style, which is a must-have of modern written communication.
- Advance your persuasion and argumentation skills, practicing of cohesive presentation.
- Practicing lawyers, operating at the legal firms and acting independently;
- In-house lawyers;
- Lawyers working at state bodies and at courts;
- Judges and prosecutors of all specialties.
MODULE 1. CORPORATE LAW: COMPANY FORMATION AND MANAGEMENT – October 10, 2019
- Starting a company in USA, GB, Ukraine.
- Types of companies.
- Shareholders and council-boards.
- Types of shares.
- Shares issuing.
MODULE 2. CONTRACT NEGOTIATING AND DRAFTING. MEANS OF JURIDICAL PROTECTION – October 17, 2019
- Legal validity of the contract.
- Contract drafting and key components of the document.
- Contract violation and refurbishment.
- Electronic contract composition.
MODULE 3. THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS – October 24, 2019
- Rights purposing and assignation.
- Third party beneficiary contract.
МODULE 4. CHANGES IN THE COMPANY – October 31, 2019
- Company reorganization.
- Merger and acquisition.
- Lawyer’s role in company preservation.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy.
MODULE 5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW – November 07, 2019
- Authors’ rights.
- Right of fair use.
MODULE 6. ADMINISTRATIVE TORT LAW – November 14, 2019
- Types of torts.
- Unreasonable law claims. Compensation culture.
МODULE 7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: SENTENCE IMPLEMENTATION AND ARBITRAGE – November 21, 2019
- Legal professions.
- Legal proceedings.
- Alternative dispute resolutions.
МODULE 8. EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR LAW – November 28, 2019
- Employer-employee negotiations.
- Employment agreement.
- Ways of employment agreement dispute resolutions.
МODULE 9. COMPETITION LAW – December 05, 2019
- Anticompetitive practices.
- EU antitrust policy.
- Regulatory changes in mergers and acquisitions.
МODULE 10. LEGAL CORRESPONDENCE – December 12, 2019
- Core standards of legal documents.
- Style of letters.
- Key types of legal correspondence.