Ad-Hoc Meeting on Consumer Protection in the European Union and Ukraine (Lviv)
- Date: 13/12/2018 (THU)
- Language: Ukrainian
- Time: 15:00 - 17:00
EU Infocenter, International Relations Faculty of the Lviv National University n.a. Ivan Franko, room 202, 19 Sichovykh Striltsiv Street, Lviv
We would like to invite you to the expert discussion of the problems and challenges re Consumer Protection in the European Union and Ukraine with representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. This discussion will be held on December 13, 2018, 3 pm in the EU Information Center of the Faculty of International Relations of the Lviv National University, room 202, 19 Sichovykh Striltsiv Street.
The meeting is devoted to discussing the development of the procedures for monitoring and regulating consumer rights protection in Ukraine by public authorities, the EU experience and business self-regulation practices, in particular through the introduction of appropriate consumer protection practices at company’s internal standards within their compliance policies.
The following issues are on the agenda:
- familiarization with the best practices of companies that provide consumer protection as one of the elements of their practice of integrity and compliance;
- exchange of ideas on self-regulation of business in matters of compliance with standards and rules of production of goods and services;
- formation of an effective market for healthy competition by means of compliance;
- discussion of issues with representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
Experts of the meeting:
- Tetyana Grynchuk, Head of Consumer Rights Control and Consumer Protection Department, the Department of Entrepreneurship Development and Regulatory Policy;
- Oleksandr Vasylchuk, Head of the Department of the State Policy in the field of consumer rights protection, the Department of Entrepreneurship Development and Regulatory Policy;
- Oksana Shpirko, Chief Specialist of the Department of State Policy in the field of consumer rights protection, the Department of Entrepreneurship Development and Regulatory Policy;
- Oksana Golovko-Gavrysheva, Coordinator of the Western Ukrainian Research Center for European Studies Project: Jean Monnet Center of Excellence;
- Sviatoslav Beley, Head of Legal Department, Head of Integrated Services, ABB Ltd;
- Olha Belikova, Partner of Integrity & Forensic Practice, Advice Group.
For participation, please register through the website or please write to Yulia. Skryliuk@eba.com.ua.