Pharma MeetUP: “Counterfeit Medicines in Ukraine. Anti-Counterfeiting Algorithm”
- Date: 20/01/2022
- Language: Ukrainian
- Time: 10:00 - 12:30
Creative States Arsenal, meeting room, 8 Moskovska Street, Kyiv
The European Business Association (EBA) Health Care Committee and Legal Alliance Company are delighted to invite you to discuss the problem of counterfeit medicines and necessary prompt actions of pharmaceutical manufacturers in case of its detection.
The guidelines entitled “MEDICINES: ANTI-COUNTERFEITING IN UKRAINE / ACTION PLAN” will be presented at the roundtable conference for the first time. The guidelines** developed by Legal Alliance Company’s lawyers along with specialists from the Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) of Ukraine on the results of the major case of counterfeit medicines in Ukraine and one of the major ones in the world. The publication provides concise and accessible operational guidelines to counteract the manufacturing of counterfeit medicines.
Target audience include directors, managers and lawyers of pharmaceutical companies; professional and business associations; representatives of government agencies and media
TOPICS UNDER DISCUSSION
- Problem of counterfeit medicines. “Hot button issues” of pharmaceutical manufacturers. Impediments in the investigation and control of illicit medicine trafficking.
- Findings of the pretrial investigation of several criminal proceedings on counterfeit medicines by PGO and their transfer to court.
- Case on counterfeit medicines in Ukraine on a global scale:
- Organization of anti-counterfeiting by the affected pharmaceutical companies.
- Experience of cooperation with the Pharmaceutical Security Institute’s representatives. What to adopt for Ukraine?
4) Criteria for detecting counterfeit medicines and ways of disclosing the distribution channels for counterfeit products.
5) Action plan for pharmaceutical companies, if there is a suspicion of counterfeit pharmaceuticals.
6) Outcomes of the discussion.
- Dmytro Lurye, Manager, Healthcare Committee, EBA
- Illya Kostin, Partner, Legal Alliance
- Discussion’s participants:
- Oleksii Bezhevets, Partner, Legal Alliance
- Oleksii Boniuk, Head of the Department of Criminal Law Policy and Investment Protection, PGO
- Valerii Zymohliad, Prosecutor, PGO
- Volodymyr Redko, Executive Director, APRaD
Representatives of pharmaceutical companies, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the State Service of Ukraine on Medicines and Drugs Control are invited to participate.
* The number of places in the room is limited. Presence in the room requires confirmation of vaccination/negative result of COVID-19 PCR test/document on the person’s recovery from the disease (under Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Resolution No.1236 of December 9, 2020, as amended and the decision of the Commission on Environmental Safety, Manmade Disaster and Emergency Response of Kyiv City State Administration), protocol No.47).
** All participants of the roundtable conference will receive a copy of the guidelines.