EBA welcomes the launch of the Anti-Crisis Energy Staff
This week, the Anti-Crisis Energy Staff was set up within the Ministry of Energy and Environmental protection to implement all the proposals most promptly and bring the industry out of the current crisis.
The business supports this decision, the importance of which was highlighted last week during an EBA online meeting on energy security in times of emergency. Thus, during the discussion, Olga Buslavets , acting Minister of Energy and Environmental Protection, presented an 8-step plan which also include the establishment of the Crisis Staff.
At the same time, the European Business Association proposes to involve business representatives in the work of the Staff to be able to receive prompt feedback from all stakeholders and to develop truly constructive and effective decisions.
Thus, the business is ready to share its expertise on the following energy issues:
- introduction of stimulating tariff formation in line with European practices;
- steps to effectively complete the mediation process on green tariffs with participation of the European Energy Community;
- regulation of the non-payments for the produced renewable energy and the enablement of state producers to sell electricity with the use of block positions and bidding formula.
In the context of the natural gas and oil sectors, the following are essential:
- maintaining a stimulating rental rate for new wells and further tax incentives for the production of hydrocarbon;
- creating favorable conditions for the extraction of unconventional natural gas deposits;
- adopting a stimulating rental rate for the extraction of unconventional gas deposits (not higher than 2%);
- reducing the level of rent for oil and condensate to the level of natural gas;
- making natural gas consumption rates more cost-effective for consumers who do not use meters;
- introducing gas metering and gas volume calculation in units of energy in the natural gas market.
We hope that the voice of business will be heard and together with the Anti-Crisis Staff it would be able to work out an effective strategy for the country!