Government military bonds
Military bonds are a tool that helps Ukrainian and foreign investors support Ukraine’s budget during the war. Funds from bonds are used to meet the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and uninterrupted provision of financial needs of the state in martial law.
Through FREEDOM FINANCE UKRAINE, you can buy the following issues of military bonds:
- UA4000225791 — discount registered government bonds maturing on November 2, 2022, and yielding 10% in UAH.
- UA4000225940 — discount registered government bonds maturing on January 11, 2023, and yielding 10% in UAH.
- UA4000225668 — discount registered government bonds maturing on March 1, 2023, and yielding 11% in UAH.
- UA4000225809 — discount registered government bonds maturing on June 21, 2023, and yielding 11.3% in hryvnia.
- UA4000225908 — discount registered government bonds maturing on October 25, 2023, and yielding 11.8% in hryvnia.
You can buy from 1 piece. The face value is UAH 1,000. Proof of income is not required.
Features of military bonds:
- the easiest choice for investors while access to other investment instruments is limited: business, ordinary Ukrainians and non-residents can invest in bonds;
- bonds are discounted — the investor’s income is calculated as the difference between the market purchase price and the face value (for example, a bond maturing on March 1, 2023, can be bought for UAH 901.67, but at the end of the security the investor will be paid its face value — UAH 1,000);
- as with ordinary IGLBs, no income tax on military bonds is required;
- support for financing the needs of the army and the country’s budget;
- savings that can be saved, because the money is borrowed and then returned with interest.
To buy these bonds, you need an account on the stock market of Ukraine. It can be opened remotely during the war. All details will be told by the manager.
This is not the easiest choice for investors. Thus, in the conditions of the war of 2022, the contribution in hryvnia for 1 year at 11% per annum looks irrational. But there are other goals: to support their state, to make a patriotic contribution, to preserve hryvnia savings. Or another point of view: investing in the needs of the army will save your home and return to a peaceful life sooner.
“Ukrainians have shown courage and solidarity that has inspired the whole world! The country is showing its resilience on many fronts, including financial. Everyone has the opportunity to support the financing of the needs of the army and the country’s budget by purchasing our military IGLBs. Contact the banks — primary dealers, they will help you support the state in these difficult times,” — said Sergei Marchenko, Minister of Finance of Ukraine.
Currently, only military bonds are issued on the stock market of Ukraine. At the same time, the state fully fulfills its obligations to service public debt to investors. Currently, the Ministry of Finance has paid coupons in full for hryvnia issues UA4000204150, UA4000219778 and currency issues XS1303921214, XS1303921487, XS1303925470 and XS1303926528.