Charity event aimed at helping wounded defenders
On December 22, 2023, a charity event aimed at helping wounded Defenders was held. It made it possible to highlight the problems faced by our Veterans and contribute to the creation of conditions for their full recovery and integration into society. After all, barrier-free issues are currently very relevant.
The event was organized within the framework of the project “Inclusive transfer BezMez” by the head of the National Health and Safety Council Nikita Karpenko in partnership with Kateryna Morozova – head of the Southern Ukrainian office of the European Business Association, Olga Yushkovska – president of the Rehabilitation Management Association, Ksenia Alekseeva – head of the Odesa Regional Center Aid to the Veterans of the war and with the financial support of Paramedic.
This event for the Defenders, members of their families, was dedicated to the coming holidays – the Christmas and New Year holidays. It was important for us to present a holiday to those who left their health at the front for the sake of victory. We invited Veterans and their families so that in an informal setting they could talk about the things that confuse them, the problems they face after the end of the service and that we could help them solve. It was also important for us to thank our soldiers, convey the mood of the holiday, give hope, show that they are not alone.
Therefore, Kateryna Morozova, told her sincere respect to the Defenders and gratitude for their solidarity and willingness to help those who suffered for the sake of our sovereignty and peace, also thanked the member companies of EBA, such as: Ukratlantik and representatives Oleksandr Garachuk , Ihor Zaporozhets , the head of the central office of PJSC MTB Bank in Odesa and Nadia Savchenko , CEO of HR Agency Key People, for supporting the initiative.
Also took part in the event:
- Maria Popova – representative of the Commissioner of the VRU for human rights in Odesa region;
- Oleg Sokolov – Representative of the Government Commissioner for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities of Odesa Regional State Administration;
- Oleksandr Korovay – director of the utility service center VeteranHub Odesa;
- Artem Romaniuk – representative of the General Directorate for Service of Foreign Missions (GDIP);
- Serhii Bratel – First Vice-Rector, Odesa State University of Internal Affairs;
- Artem Kasparyan – co-founder of the NGO Common GOAL.
Thank you all for your willingness to help and your deep respect for those who serve our country. Together we are the force, and together we move to victory!