Baker McKenzie practices and lawyers rated top by Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
Kyiv, Ukraine, 10 August 2020 – Baker McKenzie’s Kyiv practices and lawyers received outstanding rankings and recommendations by the 2020 edition of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, an annual in-depth survey of the legal market in Ukraine.
The Kyiv office maintained its #1 position in three key practices: Real Estate, Construction,
Land; Retail; and Labor & Employment.
The office was also named in the top five firms in relation to 12 practice areas and industries, namely: Agribusiness, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, IT, Telecommunication and Media, Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare, Private Clients/Wealth Management, and Tax (Consulting).
The Antitrust & Competition, FinTech, International Trade (Commercial Contracts), Litigation (Domestic and Cross-border), and Tax (Transfer Pricing) practices were also distinguished by the edition.
Managing Partner Serhiy Piontkovsky has been individually acknowledged as an Authority in Energy & Natural Resources and Real Estate, Construction, Land, and Managing Partner Serhiy Chorny has been recognized as an Authority in Banking & Finance and Debt Restructuring.
In addition, six Kyiv lawyers have been recommended as Leading individuals by the directory:
- Partner Serhiy Chorny in Capital Markets
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk in Corporate and M&A; he is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Agribusiness
- Partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi in Tax (Consulting); he is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Private Clients/Wealth Management and Transfer Pricing
- Partner Lina Nemchenko in Real Estate, Construction and Land
- Partner Olha Demianiuk in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare; she is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Corporate and M&A
- Counsel Mariana Marchuk in Labor & Employment
Another six lawyers are listed as Notable practitioners:
- Partner Ruslan Drobyazko in Intellectual Property
- Partner Oksana Simonova in Antitrust & Competition
- Partner Ihor Siusel in Bankruptcy and Litigation (Domestic)
- Counsel Oleksiy Stolyarenko in IT, Telecommunication and Media and Intellectual Property
- Counsel Andrii Moskalyk in Energy & Natural Resources and in Corporate and M&A
- Associate Olha Sviatenka in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare
About Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients (ULF)
Conducted annually for the past 18 years, the ULF publication has become a leading source of benchmarking information for Ukraine. It presents exclusive expert contribution from practicing lawyers, as well as the results of research of the Ukrainian legal market, which is conducted on an annual basis.
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our 13,000 people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients.