EBA discussed the issues in the food industry with the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection
On April 27, there was a meeting of experts from the EBA member companies with the leadership of the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection – Anatoly Vovnyuk, Olha Shevchenko, Serhii Kyianychenko.
We thank our colleagues from the State Food and Consumer Service for clarifying and confirming many important points for business, namely:
- The sanitary-epidemiological conclusions are not issued at the moment, the declarative principle is in force, and the validity of the previously issued conclusions is automatically extended.
Thus, the Service representatives noted that some commissions have already resumed their work, and others will return to work within the next two weeks. Besides, the service is working on the introduction of electronic signatures to sign the conclusions remotely. Conclusions pending before February 24 do not need to be resubmitted. They will be processed in the near future. There will be also an automatic extension of the conclusions that expired during the war.
- A moratorium on business inspections, including market surveillance and consumer protection, is in effect during martial law
- In May, the legislative rule on the procedure of notification of baby food products will come into force; accordingly, all business entities must work in accordance with the current legislation
- So far, companies may not be able to partially obtain the conclusions of the state sanitary and epidemiological examination on non-food products
- Representatives of the Service noted that companies need to conduct laboratory examinations of their own products, and in case of problems with the work of laboratories, you can contact the Service to resolve related issues as soon as possible
We truly thank you for the meeting and continue to maintain an effective dialogue with the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection.