Regular Automotive Committee meeting held with participation of representatives from the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, Main Service Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and the Eurasia Foundation. During the meeting, the following issues were discussed:
– possibility of cars registration on-line and development of the concept of car owner e-cabinet, based on the Estonian system X-Road;
– providing a legislative framework for supplying trade-in;
– necessity to cancel mandatory car re-registration repurchased by dealer from customers for resale within trade-in;
– introduction of the technical inspection certificate after receiving motor vehicle under trade-in;
– improvement of motor vehicles registration mechanism used by automotive dealers for demonstration purposes;
– proposals to conclude purchase-sale contract of cars directly in service centers of the Ministry of internal affairs and unified contract form implemented by service centers of the Ministry of internal affairs;
– necessity to extend the list of documents confirming the legality of motor vehicles purchase;
– cancelation of written record keeping of receipt, sale and transfer of motor vehicles and their spare parts with the identification numbers;
– simplification of obtaining procedure for one-time and transit number plates;
– simplification of the mechanism for payment of the mandatory fee to the Pension Fund for the first registration of motor vehicle.
On the results of discussions, representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, Main Service Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and the Eurasia Foundation expressed readiness for dialogue on the possibility of taking into account proposed amendments in the current rules of trade, registration (re-registration) of motor vehicles.
We are grateful to the invitees for their support in consideration the above-mentioned problematic issues and look forward to further constructive cooperation.