The EBA business community had a great opportunity to meet and address the most important issues to Mr Raivis Veckagans, Acting Head of the Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority. Mr Veckagans shared his vision of the Authority’s development in the nearest future and first steps to be taken to eliminate unnecessary barriers to business.
During the meeting, participants had an opportunity to discuss with Mr. Veckagans the following issues:
- future reforming of the Authority;
- future steps of the Authority towards conducting of dredging operations;
- staff rationalization and establishing of new criteria for its evaluation;
- conducting of the functional audits in all units of the Authority;
- creation of the Maritime Authority and re-division of powers between the Authority and Maritime Authority;
- the need to eliminate administrative barriers for business;
- implementation of investment projects.
The EBA representatives had a great opportunity to voice their proposals regarding further joint work with Mr. Veckagans. We are grateful for a fruitful dialogue!