Lviv Law and Taxes
Yesterday, on November 23, 2020, the EBA Western Ukrainian Office Legal Committee of final 2020 meeting with the Committee Chairman – Natalia Anokhina, was held.
Natalia made a tour of the legislation 2020-2021 news related to doing business. In particular, the speaker emphasized:
- The main quarantine restrictions in the period from 08 to 25 January 2021, established by the Cabinet of Ministers Resolution as of 09.12.2020 No.1236. At the same time, Natalia drew attention to the fact that employees over the age of 60 will be able to work without restrictions, and the work of public transport will also not be prohibited;
- Application of administrative liability for non-compliance with quarantine restrictions in the form of a fine of 17,000-34,000 UAH to citizens and 34,000-170,000 UAH to officials. Simultaneously, the speaker drew attention to the fact that mostly all proceedings under Articles 44-3 of the Code of Administrative Offenses and Art. 325 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine are closed due to “absence of the offense and the offense composition, “absence of evidence or “in the absence of serious consequences,” both citizens and officials are limited to oral remarks;
- Relevant labor issues during the quarantine period such as remote work and flexible working hours implementation, unpaid leave for the period of quarantine for more than 15 days, etc .;
- The land plot market for citizens of Ukraine, legal entities, territorial communities, and the state opening from 01.07.2021 under the Law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on the Conditions of Agricultural Land plot Circulation” as of March 31, 2020, No. 552-IX;
- Possibilities to hold the annual general meeting remotely if the company’s charter provides such an “option.” If such a possibility is not provided in the charter and general meeting was held remotely, it could be the ground for declaring the decision of such meeting as invalid;
- The information about the ultimate beneficial owners and ownership structure mandatory disclosure when registering/making changes to the register.
A recording of the meeting with the presentation with detailed information on the expert’s updates and comments can be obtained by emailing to [email protected].
On behalf of the Office participants, we thank Natalia for the legislative innovations expert explanation and the meeting participants for actual and exciting questions!
See you at the committee’s events in 2021!