The offline-online EBA Manufacturing committee meeting was held on September 24, 2020 on which the possibilities of the working processes automation and optimization were discussed.
Roman Oliynyk, the “Intamotion” LLC Executive Director, focused on competition in the efficiency of industries that use partial / full automation. Ensuring the continuity and productivity of production processes will allow Ukrainian business to compete with other “emerging markets”.
Pavlo Fediuk, “Progress Service” Company owner and Director shared the experience of implementing the LEAN system (process optimization).
Moreover, the participants listened about the importance of building an effective system of labour protection at manufacture to prevent injuries and accidents from Andrii Myronchuk, project manager at “Company “Centre LTD”.
According to the results of the meeting:
– It is necessary to conduct an internal audit of production processes in order to identify weaknesses in the processes. It is desirable to invite specialists from outside for such an audit. All the weaknesses should be eliminated by either automation or liquidation;
– It is recommended to read Paul Akers` book “2 seconds Lean” about a way of thinking that can be applied not only in manufacturing but also in other areas. It is important that this thinking is possessed by the director or top manager who will charge his employees with such type of thinking;
– It is also worth conducting health and safety audits before the controlling bodies come to you. It is better to be ready for, rather than “extinguish the fire” after. In addition, the construction of an effective system of work on labor protection is a guarantee of protection of employees in the company, for which the director is responsible.
Among other things, it was announced at the meeting:
- the Election of the Chairman of the Manufacturing Committee, which will be additionally announced;
- Introduction of an initiative to establish advisory boards at companies.
Upon request, we can also send a video of the event.
We were glad to see everyone who was able to join both offline and online.