1210: All the Key Tax Changes in a Separate Section on the Vasil Kisil and Partners Website
Draft Law №1210 became Law of Ukraine No. 466-ІХ “On Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine Regarding Improvement of the Administration of Taxes…”. A part of the law is already in force. Other provisions will take effect on different dates from July 1, 2020 to January 1, 2021.
The law changes the approach to most taxes in Ukraine. Due to the scale of the changes, we have dedicated a separate section on our website https://vkp.ua/en/1210, where the main changes are grouped by topic:
- Rules on Controlled Foreign Companies (CFCs)
- Value Added Tax
- Personal Income Tax (Investment Assets)
- “Principal Purpose” Test
- Corporate Income tax
- Transfer Pricing
- Single Tax, Activities of Individual Entrepreneurs
- Permanent Establishments of Non-Residents, Accounting for Non-Residents in Ukraine
- Tax Inspections
- Appealing against Decisions / Actions of a Tax Body
- Correspondence with Tax Bodies
Among the most important changes:
- controlled foreign companies (CFCs) will have to be disclosed to the Ukrainian tax authorities;
- Ukrainian beneficiaries will pay income taxes on foreign companies in Ukraine;
- the sale of Ukrainian assets will be taxed in Ukraine;
- taxpayers will be able to interact with tax authorities online;
- the tax office will fine for certain violations only after proving the guilt of the taxpayer.
As soon as the law was signed, the President proposed the Cabinet of Ministers to amend the Law and postpone certain provisions. We monitor changes to help our customers prepare for new tax realities in a timely manner.