Exemption from conscription during martial law
Author: Alexander Fedorko, lawyer of Dynasty Law & Investment
Resistance to the Russian offensive has been going on for more than three months, and unfortunately not without a trace. After all, the invaders continue to inflict damage by carrying out systematic shelling and bombardment with ballistic and cruise missiles on Ukraine’s infrastructure. This led to the continuation of martial law and mobilization for a period of 90 days, until August 23.
In this regard, we consider it necessary to recall the grounds for exemption from mobilization and military service in 2022.
Therefore, servicemen are currently exempt from conscription during martial law if:
• reaching the age limit for military service;
• recognition of their persons as unfit for service due to their state of health;
• if the conviction of the court on the imposition of punishment in the form of imprisonment, restriction of liberty of punishment or deprivation of military rank has entered into force;
• upbringing of a minor with a disability or a child with severe mental disorders, severe perinatal lesions of the nervous system, rare orphan diseases, severe congenital malformations, oncological, cerebral palsy, oncohematological diseases, type I diabetes, acute / chronic kidney disease IV degree, or a child who has a severe injury needs palliative care or organ transplantation;
• permanent care of a sick wife / husband, child, as well as parents or spouse or person or adult child with disabilities of group I or II;
• if they are guardians, adoptive parents, guardians or foster parents of persons with disabilities, incapacitated persons, or children deprived of parental care or orphans;
• stay on leave to care for children / children under 3 years of age;
• care for children / children under the age of 6, if such children / children need home care;
• if both spouses are in military service and one of them has a child / children under 18 years of age.
As long as the war continues and our country needs strong and reliable protection, the issues of mobilization and release from it and military service will remain relevant.
If you need a more detailed explanation of the grounds and procedures for exemption from conscription during the martial law regime, Dynasty Law & Investment specialists will be happy to provide qualified assistance.