How LEAN helps to increase the effectiveness of business and team: Progress Service Case
3.5 hours for the meeting participants pass unnoticed when it comes to a tool that takes the company to the next level and this is LEAN manufacturing!
Important tips for applying LEAN from Progress Service owners – Hristyna and Pavlo Fedyuk:
- If you make any improvement to 0.001% every day, then productivity doubles in 3 years.
- Everything should be in order and each place for the goods should be marked.
- Think not of COSTS, but of LOSSES. According to LEAN, there are 8 of LOSSES: overproduction, transportation, inventory, defects, over-processing, motion, waiting, wasted potential.
- LEAN can’t be implemented without a clear understanding of this tool by management.
- LEAN is simple and fun.
- LEAN can be used both in production and in service. The main thing is to constantly see the areas for improvement and to encourage the team to produce ideas.
On December 11, the EBA member companies had the opportunity to see how Progress Service, a Ukrainian family-owned business, is striving for continuous improvement. They have 160 employees, 70 of whom are seamstresses, and each is happy to help to develop the company.
Krystyna Fedyuk, Pavlo Fedyuk, Maria Koval you have a great experience to share! We wish you further growth!