Ukraine’s New FX Rules
On 7 February 2019, the Law of Ukraine “On Currency and Currency Transactions” and new currency control rules came into effect, making the long-awaited move towards liberalization of foreign exchange controls.
The FX Rules will affect:
- сross-border payments under trade and other commercial contracts
- foreign investments in Ukraine
- cross-border loans of foreign lenders to Ukrainian borrowers
- foreign currency purchase and exchange
- investments of Ukrainian individuals
- repatriation of dividends and return on foreign investments
This LEGAL ALERT is issued to inform Baker McKenzie clients and other interested parties of legal developments that may affect or otherwise be of interest to them. The comments above do not constitute legal or other advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for specific advice in individual cases.