Open Lecture: Mediation in Business: How to Resolve the Conflict by Saving Money, Time and Reputation
- Date: 19/03/2019
- Language: Russian/Ukrainian
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Fee:free of change for EBA members
HUB 4.0 (1/3 Yaroslavskyi lane)
Despite the numerous reforms of the state judicial system and the enforcement service of Ukraine of recent years, business is still waiting for the enforcement of court decisions and looking for extrajudicial dispute resolution methods. For over 10 years mediation, as an alternative extrajudicial method of dispute resolution, shows its efficiency in practice in the most developed countries of the world, including the United States, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and becomes more widespread in the business environment of Ukraine. Is it possible to resolve the conflict according to the “win-win” principle by saving material resources, time and reputation of your company? We say – YES and prove it in practice.
The EBA Management Development Center team together with Rödl & Partner and the Ukrainian Mediation Center (kmbs) invite you to join the Open lecture: Mediation in Business: How to Resolve the Conflict by Saving Money, Time and Reputation.
As a result of the lecture each participant will get knowledge and understanding of:
- mediation process, as an extrajudicial dispute and conflict resolution method in business;
- mediation tools;
- secrets of success of practical examples of successful mediations.
- Valeryia Drabinovich, Senior Associate at Rödl & Partner, certified mediator of the EU, head of the working group on mediation of the German-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. 5 years of experience in representing Clients’ interests in courts of all instances in Ukraine and supporting enforcement procedures.
- Maryna Saenko, Managing Partner of Law Firm “Law of Victory”; certified mediator of the Ukrainian Mediation Center at the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School; Mediator of the Mediation Center at the Kyiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Target Audience: decision-makers, top management, lawyers and all those interested in acquiring knowledge and skills of mediation tools for resolving disputes and conflicts.
Topics under discussion:
- For whom and why mediation is needed? Features mediation usage: internal (internal organizational) and external (commercial) contexts.
- Secrets to the success of mediation and differences from other methods of dispute resolution.
- What is the difference between mediation and negotiations? Role of the mediator in conflict resolution.
- “Tricks” of the effective mediation, which save money, time and business relations of parties to the conflict (dealing with questions, reflection, reframing, paraphrasing, reality testing).
- What are the warranties of the execution of the decision by the party to a conflict in mediation?
- Can all kinds of disputes be resolved by mediator?
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the «Register» button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (044) 496-06-01.