Development Programme on Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Status:We are working on the next season
About the Programme
Success of the company, which is the responsibility of the whole team of both financial and non-financial managers, is measured by financial indicators. These indicators are subject for management, their current level should be evaluated, compared to the market average level and compared to key competitors’ results. This allows to identify strengths and weaknesses and find reserves for performance improvement.
EBA Management Development Centre Team launches the Development Programme on Finance for non-financial managers with the focus on “value management”. The programme combines effectively the modern educational technologies and approaches used by leading international business-schools with decades of practical experience of working on international finance markets. It combines up-to-date, real life examples and effectively illustrates the theoretical financial concepts and instruments.
Modules are conducted in an interactive form and include a number of case studies.
Having successfully finished the development programme, you will receive certificate of completion.
DURING THE MODULES YOU WILL GET:
- Basic understanding of value creation process within modern commercial organization;
- Role of financial instruments in the process;
- Understanding of key principles of financial management;
- Practical use of accounting and finance techniques and instruments for value creations;
- Introduction to modern capital markets and capital raising process.
- Top managers and department non-financial managers
- Employees of sales, marketing and IT departments with no special education in finance and accounting
- Business coaches
PART 1. Introduction. What is value?
- Process of value creation.
- Finance as value creation instrument.
- Value management.
PART 2. Decision making process. Management accounting tools.
- Key accounting documents.
- Invested and raised capital.
- Long- vs Short term financing.
- Ratio analysis.
PART 3. Fundamental finance principle
- Time value of money.
- Interest rate, risk.
- Present value.
PART 4. Business Development. Investment decisions
- Capital budgeting instruments.
- Value measurement.
- Investment criteria, comparative analysis.
PART 5. Investment project modelling
- Cash flow vs profit.
- Free cash flow modelling.
- Cost of capital.
PART 6. Investment project modelling
- What are capital markets.
- Asset classes.
- Intro to capital raising.
PART 7. Summary. Value management
- Market value added (MVA).
- Economic value added (EVA).