Training course: International Trade basics 2.0 (part 1)
- Date: 23/09/2021
- Time: 14:00 - 19:00
- Fee for EBA members:UAH 4,000
- Early Registration for EBA members:UAH 3,500 (before August 25)
- Place: Київ
Foreign economic activity requires a considerable set of practical knowledge and experience, which requires time or involvement of specialists.
The realities of a globalized world often require experience in international trade, even from professionals in other fields.
At the same time, the very sphere of international trade is changing dynamically.
The brightest examples to this are global changes related to Brexit, the introduction of alternative rules of origin in Europe, new free trade agreements, Ukraine’s accession to the common transit system and the introduction of the AEO status.
The EBA Customs Committee has accumulated more pressing issues facing business in foreign economic activity and continues the online course International Trade basics, which will help you understand the practical component of customs processes.
As before, all companies participating in the training will receive individual advice from our specialists as a result of the course.
Target audience – management of companies, including:
- in-house lawyers,
- heads of foreign trade departments
Module 1: Foreign Economic Activity (September 23)
- free trade with Ukraine (free trade agreements) and preferences;
- origin of goods, the Pan-Euro-Med Convention and its alternative;
- customs regimes and the role of companies in the international supply chain;
- current trends in international Ukraine – what to prepare for?
Module 2: Customs value and classification of goods, intellectual property, current litigation (September 23)
- How to correctly determine the customs value and when it can be adjusted?
- Problems of the classification of goods,
- Litigation practice regarding customs value, classification of goods, customs offenses.
Module 3: Practical component of customs procedures (September 24)
- Requirements for commercial and transport documents.
- Types and features of customs declarations.
- Customs services available on the web portal “united window for international trade”.
- Protection of intellectual property rights when importing goods
- Customs clearance: what to take into account?
Module 4: Protective measures in international trade (September 24)
- What is an anti-dumping investigation?
- What is a special investigation?
- How to initiate an anti-dumping or special investigation or become an interested party?
Module 5: AEO and common transit (September 24)
- Why do companies get the AEO status and what is it?
- How to get the AEO status?
- What gives the company an application of the common transit regime?
- What are special transit simplifications?
Oleg Kyrievsky, Managing Partner, First Chair Legal
Alexander Lazarev, General Director, Lamarin
Visiting international experts will also be invited to participate.
Upon completion of the course, a Certificate of Study is issued.