Webinar: Ukraine’s FITs Crisis: Treaty Arbitration Options Available to Renewable Energy Investors
Date: 4 June 2020, Thursday
Time: 17:00 – 18:00 (EEST), 16:00 – 17:00 (CET)
Venue: online webinar
Yet another week has passed in negotiations between renewable energy investors and Government with regard to Offtaker liquidity and payment crisis. While investors hope that the compromise can be reached, the State’s willingness to undertake obligations and commitments to improve the market and resolve the reasons for this crisis and deliver the solutions remains unclear.
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang together with King and Spalding LLP are inviting you to participate in our joint webinar in which our experts will explore and discuss how Plan B can look like for investors, if worse comes to worst and in particular the following topics:
- Ukraine’s state guarantees to RPPs.
- Remedies available to investors under the ECT or other international treaties.
- Who qualifies for protection?
- What damages may be claimed?
- Practical aspects of an international arbitration (main steps, timeline, and cost).
- Pros and cons of collective claims (7 out of 20 cases King and Spalding are working on are “group” claims).
- Recognition, enforcement, and payment of an arbitral award.
Working language: English.
The link to the webinar will be sent to you after registration.
We have a limited number of available seats, be the first to register and do not miss a great opportunities to hear experts’ opinion.