Banking & Finance – Senior Associate (6+ years post qualified)
- Країна: Ukraine
- Регіон: Kyiv
- Компанiя: СіЕмЕс Камерон МакКенна Набарро Ольсванг Україна
- Галузь: Юристи, адвокати, нотаріуси
- Створено: 04.11.2019
About the role
Joining the highly regarded and growing Finance team of the leading international law firm with daily opportunities to experience Ukrainian and international deals across various industry sectors with a great deal of client contact responsibility and continuous personal development. Working as part of the leading international law firm in Ukraine and the largest law firm in Europe and 5th largest globally with leading banking and finance and capital markets practitioners based in the United Kingdom, Central and Eastern Europe.
Our finance team works with both international and local banks, credit organisations and other financial institutions and their shareholders and customers, and offers a full range of services relating to financial transactions (project finance, asset finance and other types of structured finance projects, capital markets, derivatives and other transactions with securities, both locally and internationally, NPLs assignments and transfers and various other transactions) and regulatory matters in the financial services sector (regulation of banks, payment services providers and payment systems, corporate governance of banks and financial institutions and FinTech).
We ranked as Band 1 in Finance in CEE in 2019 and Tier 1 for Banking, finance and capital markets in Ukraine by Legal 500, 2019.
Being part of CMS CEE / CIS regional banking practice to ensure that our clients receive the benefit of in-depth local knowledge as well as international best practice across CEE / CIS. Finance team has advantages of direct access to the experience of outstanding finance practice of CMS in the United Kingdom (with outstanding office in London and six offices throughout the UK) and other jurisdictions.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our Kyiv team, often working closely with our wider team in other offices, advising clients on all types of financial transactions projects including commercial, retail, energy, pharmaceutical and infrastructure.
You will have excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice. Due to the role being client facing you will need to have sound judgment and good interpersonal and consultancy skills. The ability to communicate succinctly with clients is a must.
We will consider candidates who:
- have at least 6+ years of full-time experience in banking & finance transactions, including structured finance deals and cross-border restructurings, interest in capital markets, derivatives and other types of finance transactions
- are Ukraine qualified with a degree in law from a reputable university
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages
- have experience of leading/managing complex financial transactions projects, both domestic and cross border
- have experience of managing a team of junior lawyers and managing input from multiple departments/offices to meet a project deadline
- ambitious, energetic, capable of working independently and as part of a domestic and regional team
- have a commercial approach, strong interpersonal, administration and time management skills
- flexible, able to multi-task and work under pressure
Please send your relevant application documents (cover letter and CV) to contact person.
Please pay attention that the European Business Association, registered at 1A Andriyivsky Uzviz, Kyiv, 04070, Ukraine, identification code of legal entity 31811085, neither collects nor in any other way processes your personal data, submitted to the contact person within this vacancy announcement. In order to receive information required by law, in particular on the data controller and purposes of data processing in such cases, etc., please get in touch with the contact person mentioned above.