EPAP Ukraine receives leading positions in Chambers Europe 2018
EPAP Ukraine receives leading positions in the newly released Chambers Europe 2018, being highly recognized across twelve practice areas with nine individual rankings and recommendations.
“Solid team” of Banking & Finance and Capital Markets Practices is traditionally highly ranked for its “transparent, fast and target-oriented” approach with clients highlighting: “They have the knowledge, skills, experience and capabilities.”
- Partner Roman Stepanenko is referred to a well-regarded finance lawyer with experience across a broad range of matters. Sources appreciate his “constructive approach to negotiations”.
“Notable team” of Competition/Antitrust Practice is recommended as a strong choice for merger clearance matters, investigations, including abuse of dominance issues, regulatory matters and antitrust compliance. The Guide highlights expertise across a range of sectors, including pharmaceuticals, banking and finance, TMT and manufacturing.
- Partner Oksana Ilchenko is acknowledged as “a versatile practitioner.”
Clients appreciate Corporate/M&A Practice noting: “They’re responsive in terms of identifying risks, options and recommending a course of action,” also highlighting team’s “knowledge of the local authorities and proactive, innovative approach.”
- Partner Oksana Ilchenko, being “an active figure in the domestic market”, is recommended for expertise in corporate structuring, joint ventures and cross-border mergers.
Dispute Resolution Practice wins recognition as a “market-leading team with comprehensive disputes expertise spanning litigation, arbitration and white-collar crime.” Sources state: “They were very responsive, quickly grasped the issues at stake and what was necessary, and also anticipated difficulties.” The department is described as “very strong in litigation” and “the top” in cross-border matters.
On the individual side, the guide acknowledges
- Managing Partner Serhii Sviriba as “Eminent Practitioner” who has “a very good reputation in the arbitration world,” with commentators lauding him as “one of the leading individuals” and recognizing his extensive experience in this field.
- Partner Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi as a well-regarded figure in the arbitration community with a significant track record in international arbitration, with particular experience of advising on sports and energy disputes. A source refers to him as a “stellar performer”.
- Partner Gleb Bialyi with market commentators distinguishing him as a “very good litigator” who is especially active in the domestic litigation arena covering commercial and administrative proceedings, with particular experience of anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations.
- Partner Sergiy Grebenyuk as a “very strong lawyer” in the white-collar crime arena, covering cases involving allegations of tax evasion, corruption and fraud, as well as corporate investigations and compliance issues.
Employment Practice receives recognition as “the adept in handling matters for clients within the pharmaceutical, finance, transportation and sports sectors”. Sources note that the lawyers are “very prompt and proactive.”
- Practice Head Aleksandra Yevstafyeva is acknowledged as a “very good and trustworthy” lawyer covering a broad scope of employment mandates.
Intellectual Property Practice earned acclaim for “its strength in pharmaceutical and media mandates.”
- “A sound an experienced lawyer” Taras Kyslyy, Practice Head, is noted for contentious mandates and providing market insight and regulatory advice.
Tax Practice is also well estimated as a well-regarded tax litigation team, also assisting with tax advisory and regulatory matters. The lawyers are described as “very well prepared” who “know the matter and all the new legislation.”
- Counsels Oleksandr Maydanyk is mentioned among notable practitioners.
The Firm’s Real Estate and Restructuring/Insolvency teams are ranked in “Other noted firms” category.
Chambers Europe covers 53 jurisdictions across Europe. The research identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers, through client feedback, research and market data.
About EPAP Ukraine
EPAP Ukraine is one of the leading full-service law firm in Ukraine, advising leading global and local businesses in Ukraine, throughout the CIS and worldwide.
Tel.: +380 44 492 82 82