On 17 January 2017, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted the Draft Law №4121 d.d. 22 February 2016 “On amendments to certain legislative acts of Ukraine on implementation of automated fare collection system in city passenger transport”.
The main changes introduced by the above-mentioned Draft Law relate to the implementation of the automated fare collection system in passenger transport and e-ticket.
In the future, it will allow the following:
- to optimize processes of ticket sales and passengers accounting (especially privileged categories);
- to analyze efficiency of transport routes and optimize it;
- to set economically justified fares;
- to increase the profitability of operators and provide more qualitative service level;
- to implement alternative payment tools using payment cards and mobile devices.
Electronic Payments Committee of the EBA actively participated in developing of the Draft Law and pilot projects concerning e-ticket implementation from the very beginning. We expect this reform of passenger transportation to be efficient and have a positive impact on the service quality of city transport.