Sea Specialized Port «Nika-Tera» — is the modern highly mechanized diversified port which is one of the leaders in the region on rendering of wide range of stevedoring services on transshipment, storage and shipment of different stores.
SSP «Nika-Tera» is located on the left bank of Bug estuary at distance of 34 km away from the sea. Bug-Dnieper estuary canal leads to the port enabling to pilot vessels of declared draught of up to 10,3 m at any time of a day throughout a year without suspension of navigation in winter time. Under the ice conditions the vessels are piloted by convoys.
The port is equipped with 7 quays of total length of approximately 1600 meters with depths ranging from 10,5 to 11,75 meters. The approach canal and the port operational waters area is of 67,4 ha.
Loading and unloading complex of Port «Nika-Terа» consists of four specialized areas of cargoes:
– the first area of cargoes specializes in grain cargoes,
– the second one – grain cargoes and mineral fertilizers,
– the third one — loose cargoes of ground storage, liquid bulk cargoes and packaged-piece cargoes,
– the fourth one – exclusively liquid bulk cargoes, vegetable oils of sunflower and other crops such as rape and soya.
In the port`s territory there are located:
– 6 floor storage warehouses are used for grain crops of total volume of simultaneous storage of up to 160 tons;
– 18 silos of capacity of 170 000 tons;
– ground storage warehouses for storage of bulk cargoes of total capability of 170 000 tons depending on cargo classifications (clay, coal, wood chips, general cargoes);
– 3 technological parks at the oil transshipment complex consisting of 18 storage tanks of simultaneous volume of separate or shared storage of 33 000 tons.
Inbound and outbound logistics of «Nika-Tera» enables to handle cargoes receiving of up to 300 motor vehicles and up to 734 railway vehicles per day.
The port possessed the railroad complex including dead-end tracks, approach tracks and inner tracks of total length exceeding 22 km and 8 locomotives.
«Nika-Tera» is capable to simultaneously load with grain crops 3 vessels of length of 230 m using 3 loading machines of capacity of up to 1500 tons per hour