EBA CSR Committee (ad-hoc) Meeting
- Date: 19/05/2020
- Language: Ukrainian
- Time: 16:00 - 18:00
- The topic of the meeting:Why business should be an ally and why is it profitable? Focus on diverse teams.
This live meeting will be streamed via Zoom.us.
We would like to invite you to EBA CSR Committee online-meeting (ad-hoc), planned for Tuesday, 19 May, from 16.00 till 18.00.
The meeting will be streamed via Zoom.us. Link to the live stream will be provided after registration.
The topic of the meeting: Why should business be an ally and why is it profitable? Focus on diverse teams.
The topics of human rights and respect for diversity and non-discrimination have been a part of the business conversation in developed countries for a long time. Ukraine is only taking its first steps in this direction, but leaders of international and domestic businesses in Ukraine are beginning to adhere to global trends and catch up with western counterparts. Many companies do have policies of non-discrimination, respect for diversity, or other documents that guarantee equal treatment for employees and are supposed to protect everyone. But are such policies effective and are they enough? We will discuss these topics during our webinar. Using examples of policies, we will explain how to work with diversity in a team and what benefits it provides.
Questions for discussion:
- What is respect for diversity and policy of non-discrimination? Do we need that?
- What is a policy of respect for diversity and does our team need it? Advantages and disadvantages of formal and informal policies.
- Do values help to build strong and effective teams?
- Who works in our team? What do you need to know about your employees?
- Who are LGBT allies? And why does my team need it?
You can leave your questions here.
Speaker: Iryna Fedorovych, Director of the Social Action NGO, Co-Chair of the Coordination Council of the Coalition for Combating Discrimination in Ukraine, co-author and author of many manuals on combating and preventing discrimination, human rights trainer.
Organized by Fulcrum UA with European Business Association.
Rules of registration:
- Online registration is obligatory.
We are waiting for you!