Dr. Roland Mees will tell us about his purpose to help individuals and institutions to take sustainable action in order to preserve the earth for future generations. He contributes to help transforming banking into a force that facilitates sustainable action. How does the banking sector facilitate the sustainable action and help to preserve the planet for future generations?
EBA Management Development Centre Team together with ING Wholesale Bankingand Dr. Roland Mees invite you to join the Open Lecture: Pathways for Sustainable Action: How Humans Can Save the Planet.
Speaker: Dr. Roland Mees, Director at Sustainable Finance in ING Wholesale Banking (based in Amsterdam).
Main partner: ING Wholesale Banking
- senior and middle managers of the departments,
- HR managers,
- marketing specialists,
- anyone who may be interested in understanding the deeper reasons of our lack of motivation to change non-sustainable behavior.
Topics under discussion:
- Sustainable behavior and motivation
- Status and claims of climate science
- Main ethical issues of climate change
- Understanding the motivational problems of sustainable behavior
- Which countries are supposed to act first?
- Sustainability trends in the EU and sustainable finance in particular
- How financial institutions can implement sustainable policies
After visiting the open lecture every participant will:
- gain an overview and more in-depth understanding of why taking sustainable action is so hard;
- become engaged with potential solutions;
- be informed about currently available sustainable finance solutions;
- see a way through the fog of sustainability and climate change.
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the «Register» button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at email@example.com or call (044) 496-06-01.